Asking Alexandria Full Cover!

Jul 31, 2012
NJ/NY
Courtesy of RedWire.RecordingStudios for posting the raw tracks. I just wanted some more feedback on my mix. Thanks!

p.s. im still trying to get used to my Yamaha hs80m's. So although it may sound great on my monitors, it may sound like shit on yours lol let me know guys! cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Courtesy of RedWire.RecordingStudios for posting the raw tracks. I just wanted some more feedback on my mix. Thanks!

p.s. im still trying to get used to my Yamaha hs80m's. So although it may sound great on my monitors, it may sound like shit on yours lol let me know guys! cheers!

Can you post the link to download the raw tracks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guitars clip a bit on low notes I think...Have you changed something on drums? Mine doesn't sound this well!

Listen to mine if you want!
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70342418/asking alexandria someone cover.mp3

Not final version, still have to fix drums, and there are no synths...Have you written the synth part yourself? I can't find it in the MIDI..

Yeah i noticed the guitars were clipping. It's an easy fix, but i was just wondering how everything sounded in terms of clarity and low end because im still trying to get used to my Hs80m's. (im in an untreated room and that usually bites me in the ass with my mixes).

and about drums, it was a cover i just did in about an hour because i didnt really take this cover that serious (was doing it for fun), and i didnt do anything to the drums actually! I didnt fix the velocity, nothing. Just used my go to sample choice for this genre, and i used the emerald cymbal samples(signature asking alexandria cymbals set samples from joey sturgis).

Yeah i noticed the guitars were clipping. It's an easy fix, but i was just wondering how everything sounded in terms of clarity and low end because im still trying to get used to my Hs80m's. (im in an untreated room and that usually bites me in the ass with my mixes).

and about drums, it was a cover i just did in about an hour because i didnt really take this cover that serious (was doing it for fun), and i didnt do anything to the drums actually! I didnt fix the velocity, nothing. Just used my go to sample choice for this genre, and i used the emerald cymbal samples(signature asking alexandria cymbals set samples from joey sturgis).

can u tell me what d you think of my mix? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/70342418/Asking Alexandria Someone Somewhere (my MIX).mp3 :p

can you show your chain for bass/gtr/master? sounds very good

I mean idk how to take snapshots on my computer but i can give u some insight. For bass, I had to use the MIDI Zombass because i wasnt able to use my UAD Nigel (because my main computer is in the process of getting fixed, so this was done off my laptop). i just compressed, added some crunch from "Da Tube" in cubase, then i EQ'd, then i limited. For guitars, I used pod farm. Cali/Treadplate/condenser setting. Then i did some post processing on the guitars by adding harmonic distortion, an imager, some EQs, and a limiter. I also had a send going on. The send was to a really fucked up comp (parallel EQ) and an EQ boosting in some areas. For my mastering chain, im still getting used to mastering. Im not that good. For most of my mixes i use Gclip, Comp, EQ, Ozone 5, and at the end i have a spectrum analyzer. The guitars you hear in the song are clipping in some areas, and that was because of my poor mastering skills lol