ASPERA

renejanssen

Apr 19, 2005
Baarlo, The Netherlands
www.progpower.eu
As you are used from us we book young talented bands to perform at ProgPower. One of these new bands we discovered recently is ASPERA from Norway. The debut album "Ripples" really impressed us. We are sure that these youngsters will offer us an excellent performance, they have done many gigs already and are quite experienced. So don't miss this band!

Rene

Nice pick! I haven't heard much of them myself yet, but I'm 100% sure you've made a LOT of people very happy, René, cos I saw them on a few people's lists :)

So cool!!

I've been to the CD-releaseparty in Oslo and it was awesome. Hoped to see them sometime soon in the Netherlands and here they are. They are absolutely great!

Thanks Rene!

How could i not get this until now? :loco:

All i can say these guys are truly awesome. I saw them first live as Illusion some years ago and i made a note to myself back then to keep an eye on them in the future, and so i have. I have now seen them live 6 times as Aspera and they are truly great every time. This is a great booking and i think i need to look more into a return to Baarlo this year..:)

I am totally blown away by this band. They are melodic progressive metal with bells on....and I am looking forward to seeing them live. 12 000km to travel to see them (and PPE 2010).........I am amped.

Unfortunately we have some sad news, ASPERA are forced to cancel their performance at ProgPower. We now the exact reason and we can't blame anyone. Here is a statement of their management, a full statement will follow. This week we will officially announce the news and also confirm the replacement.

ASPERA to cancel Prog Power Europe.

It is with great regret, that Norwegian 5 piece ASPERA have to cancel their performance at Prog Power Europe on 3rd October. The band has been really looking forward to playing for the first time in the Netherlands, especially after the overwhelming feedback of debut album RIPPLES, that was released via InsideOut Music earlier this year.

Unfortunately there are sometimes developments in a bands life that are neither planned, not foreseeable. And although we tried to accommodate this along the festival performance, we were not able to work it out. But don’t worry, it will be some exciting news and we will update you very shortly. We would like to apologize to the festival organiser, who gave us the opportunity to be part of this prestigious Prog Metal Festival. And we also want to thank all our supporters that were looking forward to our performances and hope you will have a great time with great bands! We hope to see you all on the road in the near future. In the meantime, stay tuned for further announcements.

Damn, really wanted to see them.

Curious who's gonna be the replacement; I guess Circle II Circle is a bit too optimistic? (although, same booking agent, playing the same gig in Germany as Jon Oliva on the first, no gig on the 3rd yet,...)