Astoria Review on www.live4metal.com

I was going to read it anyway even though I'm hardcore Blitzkrieg fan but I can't see the review Midnightrider - whereabouts is it? And where's the nearest Specsavers anyway hehehe!!!! They better not be ripping Blitzkreig to shreds cos they were absolutely mindblowing at The Ferry, every bit as good as Saxon.

Thanks for that Goss. I haven't even read what he said about Saxon yet but does anyone have an email address for that wanker Steve Green cos he's gonny get a mouthful from me about what he said about Blitzkrieg. I am stunned about he said about them, what does he mean by the second song he was at the bar as far away from the stage as possible!!!! PRICK!!!!! By the second song at the Renfrew Ferry, the place was jumping cos Blitzkrieg were that awesome. I've never seen a support band getting a better welcome than Blitzkrieg did at The Ferry and I canny wait to see them again. I enjoyed them that much I'm going to go see them in Belfast in September, that's how superior Blitzkrieg were.

Here's what that fanny said:-

The only support band tonight were NWOBHM “veterans” Blitzkrieg. And I can honestly say, they were probably the worst band I’ve ever seen play a venue of this size. The why’s and wherefores are totally irrelevant. As for my views on the dress sense of the singer and the tightness of his clothes that hugged a rather large stomach, I’ll keep my counsel as I don’t want to be accused of getting personal. Needless to say, by song 2, we were in the bar as far away from the stage as possible.

Just forget my above post regarding Blitzkrieg - I got a bit carried away when I read that horrendous review about Blitzkrieg - I should have taken Midnightrider's advice and not read it since it said such vile things about the mighty Blitzkrieg!!!!! I've calmed down now and of course I won't be emailing that guy, I was only joking anyway I wouldn't have emailed him!!

but there were also a few teenagers and 20 something’s here. It seemed age was no barrier when Stallions of the Highway from Saxons 1979 debut boomed from the PA. Young and old all seemed to know it. As they did with the title track of 1983s Power and Glory.

This is because me and my 6 mates i brought along were standing at the front right in front of all the press and photographers!

I agree.Far to personal.I only caught the last 2 songs and ROCK was a word i would use.I bet the guy who did the review looks like brad pitt and is as George clooney.Probably looks like lordi and was in a metal band that failed in 1993 and has held grudge against any band that don't fit his all knowing worldy critic of music.Oh hang on thats me.

to be honest i though blitzkrieg were musicallyand technically brilliant, the only reason the astoria didnt get crazy was because no one knew their songs.
appearance was no problem to me

Well very few folk at the Renfrew Ferry had heard of Blitzkrieg either but that certainly didn't stop most folk down the front rockin out bigtime to the mighty Krieg. And in fact I've talked to quite a few folk since that concert and EVERYONE has been saying how sensational Blitzkrieg were and how they canny wait to see them again. Blitzkrieg were definitely the very best support band that I've seen in my whole life and youse have to get back up here soon - come on King Tuts or the Barfly would be perfect for you.

Oh hey I've just had a thought Blitzkrieg 2006, why don't you email BOC and ask if you can support them when they play at The Renfrew Ferry on 18th July. I'm not hardcore Blue Oyster Cult fan but to see them play at The Ferry is going to be sensational and I'll be right doon the front again. I wonder if the Blue Oyster Cult realise that the Ferry only holds about 400 rockers!!!!!!!!!!! BOC at the Renfrew Ferry - I'm still stunned at that!!!!

Paxoman said:
I got to say that is one naff cover for Eagle 3! That's a real surprise, considering Saxon have come up with some great album covers in the past. What's with that eagle? It's very gay looking, it looks more like a pigeon!

Tell me Paxoman..What is the difference between a hetero pigeon-look and a gay pigeon-look:) maybe its a peace pigeon?

Paxoman said:
I got to say that is one naff cover for Eagle 3! That's a real surprise, considering Saxon have come up with some great album covers in the past. What's with that eagle? It's very gay looking, it looks more like a pigeon!

I have gotta agree! The album cover is about as bad as the "Power And The Glory" cover. It's what's inside that matters! Looking forward to cranking it up!!!