Astoria

I'm currently working for a band in the US that only permits 14 and older at their shows, and I'm not sure how strict they are in the UK but we're not too strict on it here. There are very few methods of ID for 14 year olds here and as long as the parent says "they're 15" or whatever, the venues just take their word for it. Maybe if you called the venue and explained that your son is 15 (lie of course) and that he has lost his ID, they'll give you permission to bring him. I'd wait til closer to the time though because 3 months is more than enough time to get a new ID so you probably won't be able to use that excuse. Good luck!

Hey eltonm17 have looked into London's own laws regarding this?

It may be just a club rule, that in actuality they cannot enforce.

Just a thought.

It's a good thing you signed with your nickname there, or else i'd be completely oblivious to who posted

So what?
Ahahahahahahahaha <3

OK, Hardy Frickin Har Har! It's habit.

I think you will sleep better knowing it won't happen again.

I need to know if any unscrupulous fans know how I can get my 13 year old son into the Astoria gig. No under 14's allowed in and they need photo id for 14-17 yr olds...what ID would that be if you didnt have a passport? I dont think I know any 14 year olds anyway whose parents would let me use their passport even if there was a similarity!! So I need to know what ID you younger fans are going to get in with please. If not does anyone want to buy a ticket at face value??!!
Thanks all.

Try to contact the promoter/club owner, try to work something out perhaps? If that doesn't work or you're unable to find contact info then, as someone else mentioned, if you're accompanying your child and you lie saying you didn't know you needed I.D. and assure them s/he's 15, then there shouldn't be a problem. I think it'd only be strictly enforced for kids younger than 14 who are alone for obvious reasons.

Try to contact the promoter/club owner, try to work something out perhaps? If that doesn't work or you're unable to find contact info then, as someone else mentioned, if you're accompanying your child and you lie saying you didn't know you needed I.D. and assure them s/he's 15, then there shouldn't be a problem. I think it'd only be strictly enforced for kids younger than 14 who are alone for obvious reasons.

Nice input dude! Great ideas!

Tell 'em your son is a pianist and you came all the way from Africa or where the fucking ever and they'll let you in. 13, 15, what difference does it make..

Ok, fair enough.. that's cool. I didn't know. But you gotta understand it's not good for f.ex my image that I wear COB merchandise and then a bunch of 12-y-o Alexi wannabes pass by :rolleyes: I don't care if you're 9 years old COB fan if you at least play an instrument by yourself..

:Smug:

:puke:
you should re-read your posts before posting them,that was one of the worst and most childish posts I've read.why is ''no good for your image''(if this is really that important for you.....you should sit down and think about what really is important in this life)that ''a bunch of 12-y-o Alexi wannabes pass by''?everyone has the right to wear COB or whatever band merchandise.what makes you think that someone is not worthy of wearing it?it's fucking merchandise,the band sells it to make money,they don't care if it's bought by the most devoted fan or by a trendy kid that has seen them on TV.
merchandise=money+publicity(people wearing the logos around)
is that simple.and about the instrument....no comments.what has to do liking COB with playing an instrument?do COB cd's have stickers saying ''don't listen to that if you don't play an instrument by yourself''?No_Of course there's loads of people who listen to COB or any metal and play instruments and try to play songs by the bands they like,but you don't have to play an instrument to like COB.