• Other (state in a post if you want)

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

Terminal Spirit Disease

Metal Warrior
Jun 3, 2002
UK, Surrey
www.missingapiece.com
Heres one for you all to get your minds around what genre would you put At The Gates in? I'm going to go with melodic death metal because although they had some thrash infulence towards Slaughter Of The Soul, the first releases were pure melodic so you decide.

i vote for Melodic Death Metal, but they played Melodic Death/Thrash :p

"Melodic death metal" seems the obvious answer, but "Terminal spirit" and "Slaughter" are very thrashy albums.......
So the first 3 releases melodic death
and the next 2 melodic death/thrash

I'd say they are a good mix of the two genres...:headbang: some songs had thrash elements, some didn't, i dont think you can put them just into one grouping...

There is no point to it really, I put this post up to see what the majority of their fans class them as. I see so many reviewers call them things like pure thrash metal and stuff and then they will argue and then say they are correct, I just wanted to see how many would agree with them.

Who's the fucking idiot who made this thread anyway? I mean, how the hell can they be thrash? ...or melodic/thrash? It's obvious, the death vocals are as clear as fuck. Melodic Death Metal at its best!