• Unquestionable Presence

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Elements

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
^^ Right by the crack of your ass. :Smug:

Atheist rule. Piece of Time was great with Roger patterson on bass (RIP, and the Cliff Burton of death metal) but Unquestionable Presence is by far my favorite. And Tony Choy is the supreme bassist!

Elements was cool, enjoyed the 3 guitar parts..

Hasn't Piece of Time already been re-released before with bonus tracks?

haha, yeah, how dare I have a difference of opinion!

seriously though, I've never heard Atheist, but have always ignored them due to the constant comparisons of overrated Cynic and "jazz" metal. THeory in Practice blew. Obscura is the best of that irrelevant genre I've heard.

J. said:
haha, yeah, how dare I have a difference of opinion!

seriously though, I've never heard Atheist, but have always ignored them due to the constant comparisons of overrated Cynic and "jazz" metal. THeory in Practice blew. Obscura is the best of that irrelevant genre I've heard.

It's not your difference of opinion, it's how you spout/type in an elitist fashion.

Atheist is worlds above Cynic ... Atheist never had that air of pretentiousness about their stuff ... they just pretty much invented that style ... Piece of Time is still may fave as it is raw and really Detah Metal ... with just a tinge of excentricity.

I'm going to try to stock these re-issues for as cheap as possible. Hopefully around $11 a piece + postage.

Unquestionable Prescence and Piece of Time for me!!!

Atheist are the MASTERS of tech-death. Absolutely stunning band. Cynic, Gorguts, you name it, is absolute garbage compared to Atheist.

Atheist indeed were the most technical "death" metal band (when they stopped being death metal of course), but not the best tech death metal band. Cynic were far more unique. If you are talking about the "ahead of its time" thingie, then the name is NOCTURNUS.
About the re-releases, i have already the albums too, i'll have to see what extra stuff its on them.

J. said:

So you're being obnoxious about a band you've not even heard? Way to go...

Anyhoo Atheist were amazing, I'm going to pick up their first two as soon as I can. I've not heard Elements though seeing as how its bashed pretty much everywhere I think I'll try before I buy.

IOfTheStorm said:
Atheist indeed were the most technical "death" metal band (when they stopped being death metal of course), but not the best tech death metal band. Cynic were far more unique. If you are talking about the "ahead of its time" thingie, then the name is NOCTURNUS.
About the re-releases, i have already the albums too, i'll have to see what extra stuff its on them.

Puh-leease, Nocturnus were very good and ahead of their time with the keyboards, but they also had the WORST fucking drummer and horrendous vocals ever, courtesy of Mike Browning. Best thing Morbid Angel ever did was getting rid of his sorry ass.

And Atheist is much more thrash than traditional death metal, vocals are not guttural at all, and the music fit athrash mold more than the death one.

Possibly "Unquestionable Presence" if I find it for a reasonable price. I already have "Piece of Time" (not reissue) and it's really cool.