Atlanta 10/22

Slayer101

Nov 5, 2005
Arkansas
Who's goin? I can't fucking wait!!

How's Center Stage? I've never been there myself, but I've heard good things about it.

I will be there! I will be alone so if anyone wants to entertain me that would be most excellent. I will be there all afternoon because I am only 5'3", and for some reason guys get in front of me and tend to be 12 feet tall and I cannot see, thus waiting all day is worth not getting pissed off because I cannot see over some Juggernaut through the entire show. Plus this guy always harasses me when I am alone.

Center Stage is an awesome venue. It is about the same size as the Roxy and has a miniature amphitheatre setup; standing floor surrounded by seats in a stadium format. Unless you have a six foot tall dude in front of you, you should be able to have a great view from anywhere in the place. The acoustics are quite decent.

This is my millionth time seeing Opeth; I just saw them Saturday in New Orleans and the show was awesome. I was skeptical about Baroness and High on Fire but they were better than what I had heard them before seeing them live.

Shirts were $30+ and they had a pretty gnarly Watershed hoodie for $60 I should have got but did not have the cash "only". I hope there are some left!

Oh note this, there is parking under the venue, but it is freaking $15 and a pain in the ass to leave. Across the street there is parking for $5-$10 and is MUCH easier to get in and out of.

Oh note this, there is parking under the venue, but it is freaking $15 and a pain in the ass to leave. Across the street there is parking for $5-$10 and is MUCH easier to get in and out of.

If you can MARTA it, Arts Center is right down the street :) I should be showing up around 6:30 or so, would like to grab a seat right behind the pit. I'm through with not being able to enjoy the show because of some meatheads in the pit.

Plus the sound is best right at the soundboard anyways :p

Seeya tomorrow!

yea i was planning on taking marta. the arts center looks like the best spot to get off but where do i go when i get off? And, are they going to have standing and seats? or just one or the other?

yea i was planning on taking marta. the arts center looks like the best spot to get off but where do i go when i get off? And, are they going to have standing and seats? or just one or the other?

Just exit Marta and go north on Peachtree, it's really closeby (about 2 blocks or so). From what I understand the Center Stage will have a pit, as well as seats that are arranged in an amphitheater like setting around the pit and stage. So, you can sit or stand, whichever tickles your fancy.

Damnit, i'm quite pissed myself I won't be able to go - atleast in the new interview they did (check blabbermouth) they said they know themselves their doing a NA tour next year and they're saving more live material for then. I'm just glad I got to see them with Peter in 05 at the Masquerade (anyone else go? Killer show! While waiting for the rest of LoG to meet them Peter strutted right past me into the tour bus with a hot ass blonde, quite a sight, had no time to react). I'm holding out for the best, or when I can afford to go & not miss school. :rofl:

So, same setlist as we've seen over the past few dates. Mike seemed to be REALLY enjoying playing, which is great. The sound was the best that I've ever heard from Opeth live, kudos to the sound guys. Mike's signature dry humor was as dry as usual, with a few jokes about waking up in the morning, and finding Fredrik in the corner of the bus, in a haze of marijuana smoke, wearing a pig mask. This along with the explanation of Jorge, jokes about 80's metal, etc. Oh, and wanting to download some Shania Twain.

Was an excellent show! Decent venue as well :)

Oh yeah, and it seemed around every corner you turned, there was a member of Mastodon infront of you. I swear those guys can move around ;)

Of the three times I've seen them, that was single-handedly the best show. In fact, I can say that was the best show I've ever seen, besides the show I saw on the GR tour back in 05 at the Roxxy. As soon as Heir Apparent hit, everything just went nuts. They definately played with a lot of passion and Mike seemed to really be into it. Me, my girlfriend and some of our friends were the fourth people in line so we were right up front a little to Mikes left. His trademark humor was in fine form. I have to say the Fredrick weed story or the explanation of Jorge was the highlight in that regard. Set list was the same but here it is anyway.

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
-----------------
The Drapery Falls

Lotus Eater, and Night and the Silent Water were probably the highlights for me. When they finished the last song I was lucky enough to grab Mendez's attention and get the setlist from him. Cool guy! I'll definatley be back to see them whenever they are anywhere near. Ive said that for the last 6 years though. It was a honor to be able to see my favorite band that close. Kudos to them for the awesome show.

I thought I saw one of the guys from Mastodon. There was a guy wearing a white shirt with short, blonde hair, was he the drummer for Mastodon? And, don't Mastodon live in the atlanta area? Anyway, it was a great show. Opeth played phenomenal as always. High on Fire and Baroness were nothing but shit though. Opeth shouldn't of made us sit through that. It all sounded like a bunch of noise and for god's sake, louder is not always better!

Of the three times I've seen them, that was single-handedly the best show. In fact, I can say that was the best show I've ever seen, besides the show I saw on the GR tour back in 05 at the Roxxy. As soon as Heir Apparent hit, everything just went nuts. They definately played with a lot of passion and Mike seemed to really be into it. Me, my girlfriend and some of our friends were the fourth people in line so we were right up front a little to Mikes left. His trademark humor was in fine form. I have to say the Fredrick weed story or the explanation of Jorge was the highlight in that regard. Set list was the same but here it is anyway.

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
-----------------
The Drapery Falls

Lotus Eater, and Night and the Silent Water were probably the highlights for me. When they finished the last song I was lucky enough to grab Mendez's attention and get the setlist from him. Cool guy! I'll definatley be back to see them whenever they are anywhere near. Ive said that for the last 6 years though. It was a honor to be able to see my favorite band that close. Kudos to them for the awesome show.

I think you were the dude right behind me in line; I was the chick first in line.

Anyways, Night and the Silent Water was my favorite, but I am a huge sucker for their first few albums not including their production. Lotus Eater was good as well.

The first song I could barely hear the vocals, and not counting the mosh right behind me and almost being pushed over the barrier the last few songs of the show, and obnoxious guys screaming behind me, the show was quite decent. The sound was not as good as in other cities this tour, but Mikael seemed more social towards the crowd. Definitely not the best, but better than Progressive Nation.

I hope they do another leg that covers the east coast!

I thought I saw one of the guys from Mastodon. There was a guy wearing a white shirt with short, blonde hair, was he the drummer for Mastodon? And, don't Mastodon live in the atlanta area? Anyway, it was a great show. Opeth played phenomenal as always. High on Fire and Baroness were nothing but shit though. Opeth shouldn't of made us sit through that. It all sounded like a bunch of noise and for god's sake, louder is not always better!

Yeah, guy in the white shirt with the short blone hair was Brann (drummer). Troy showed up midway through High on Fire, as well as Bill and Brent. They're local, and fans of High on Fire.. so not too surprising to see them. They're off to the UK this weekend for the Unholy Alliance tour with Slayer :)

I think you were the dude right behind me in line; I was the chick first in line.

Anyways, Night and the Silent Water was my favorite, but I am a huge sucker for their first few albums not including their production. Lotus Eater was good as well.

The first song I could barely hear the vocals, and not counting the mosh right behind me and almost being pushed over the barrier the last few songs of the show, and obnoxious guys screaming behind me, the show was quite decent. The sound was not as good as in other cities this tour, but Mikael seemed more social towards the crowd. Definitely not the best, but better than Progressive Nation.

I hope they do another leg that covers the east coast!

The sound was excellent back by the soundboard :)

I'm kinda over being pushed and shoved around at Opeth shows, so I sit back (thankfully the Center Stage has a really good seating arrangement), and enjoy the show (and a drink or two) without worrying about getting knocked around and/or spilling stuff :)

Hey, I was near you guys too, by the front (during the show). The show was just amazing. I've only seen them once from nosebleed seats at the Progressive Nation show in LA, which doesn't even compare. Being so close to Mikael was an unreal experience. I loved his banter. Early in the show he had said he was hungry, so when there was a pause, I shouted "Mikael, what's for dinner?" His response was "Now that I can tell you. For dinner is hookers and blow." Haha. I was so proud to have him respond. Hopefully they'll come to Atlanta again ASAP

Hey, I was near you guys too, by the front (during the show). The show was just amazing. I've only seen them once from nosebleed seats at the Progressive Nation show in LA, which doesn't even compare. Being so close to Mikael was an unreal experience. I loved his banter. Early in the show he had said he was hungry, so when there was a pause, I shouted "Mikael, what's for dinner?" His response was "Now that I can tell you. For dinner is hookers and blow." Haha. I was so proud to have him respond. Hopefully they'll come to Atlanta again ASAP

Oh yeah, and the whole "You have a cookie?" response was cute ;)

Man that sucks. They did eventually come out? My luck it probably wasnt long after we left.