Atlanta 10/22

Still had to wait almost an hour, only about 10 people were left lurking. Talk about a true Demon of The Fall moment. They came out and hopped on the bus to put down their bags. We were scrambling to find the sharpies, I had my back turned to the bus and didn't realize I had dropped the teeshirt I had just bought. When I turned back around Mikael was RIGHT THERE in front of me. He picked up the tee I had dropped and handed it back to me. Holy Crap, my brain seized up! All I could do was squeak a "thank you". A split second later one of the other guys who had been waiting hit Mikael with a hug that was just a hair short of a flying tackle. It was crazy, but he took it in stride. I've been roaming concerts for almost 20 years and met a lot of bands. I've also gotten the cold shoulder from a lot of bands, I didn't get that "fuck off" feeling from them. I've been an Opeth fan for a long time, but now... I don't think devoted is a strong enough word.

Atlanta! I guess you could say my husband (the metal gear teeshirt) and I were third in line. Opeth ruled! My voice is totally gone today from screaming. I got to met the band after the show, got my playlist signed and got a picture with Mikael!! So Dojebo you shouldn't have left...

Oh Mrs Ice Road Trucker! I was the chick in front of you. Too bad we did not get to beat up all of those sissy girls who complained about being shoved the whole show!

Oh yeah, and the whole "You have a cookie?" response was cute ;)

I'm the guy that yelled out, "Do you want a cookie?" It was great that Mike responded to it. I wasn't just being a smart ass either. We brought cookies (my wife makes really good chocolate chip cookies) for the band and were going to give them to the guys before the show, but nobody answered when we knocked on their bus door. We saw Per through the window but he had headphones on. Instead, we gave the cookies to the bus driver after the show. He made a big deal about getting out of his seat, but he was pretty nice once he opened the door. We wanted to wait for the guys to come out, but we both had to get up early the next morning.

Damnit that show was one of the best. I thought the part where Axe lost his snuff was funny, lol. And the cookie part was fucking hilarious, what was that that he was eating, a banana? Anyway sound was amazing, and that setlist was incredible. Easily one of the best concerts I've ever been. Baroness was fucking outstanding, although I'm not a big fan of High on Fire, they weren't completely terrible, they did have a lot of energy lol.

LOL Yep thats me. Those insipid little girlies probably went home and listened to Hanna Montana or some crap like that, they were just wanna-bes. Too bad we couldn't "teach them a lesson" By the end of the show I was so worn out I couldn't have swatted a fly. It's two days later and I still ache but it was worth it. Now I have to go drag my butt to Chicago then run laps around the US for the next 6-8 weeks. But it beats setting in a cubicle.

Am I the only one who didn't like Baroness or High on Fire? I couldn't WAIT for them to get off stage. They were actually hurting my ears. Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with anything they've done, but to me they sounded terrible.

I don't know if you're the only one, but I sure as hell don't agree with you. Baroness and High on Fire are both great bands and I was just as excited to see them as Opeth. You should try actually listening to a band's music before you pass judgement on them. Both bands are different from Opeth, but are good in their own way. Buy the Red Album by Baroness and listen to it a few times. If it doesn't grow on you I'll personally give you a refund... if you can find me.

I don't know if you're the only one, but I sure as hell don't agree with you. Baroness and High on Fire are both great bands and I was just as excited to see them as Opeth. You should try actually listening to a band's music before you pass judgement on them. Both bands are different from Opeth, but are good in their own way. Buy the Red Album by Baroness and listen to it a few times. If it doesn't grow on you I'll personally give you a refund... if you can find me.

I agree, too many people lash out at openers with no consideration for their music or upon hearing a few songs from an album which might not have been the best ones. I first heard Opeth when they opened for Porcupine Tree and I gave them a chance and found out they are amazing. I think a lot of people just like to whine about something. I have seen Opeth a few times this leg before this show and Baroness was great at every single one of them.

Be glad we did not have to hear Norma Jean like Sounds of the Underground; now that band really does suck.

DIE WITH A SMILE........
Nice meeting you and your husband and maybe next time we can put those Hannah Montana fans in their rightful places!!! At least the ones who were whining behind us the entire show!