Atlanta, GA - a guide for beginners

Possibly the best soft drink on Earth, but the worst tour in the Universe. You pay almost $10 to see advertisement. The upside of the tour was getting to try the passion fruit Fanta. I seriously tried to drink ten bucks worth of it 'cause I had to make up for the money I paid for the crappy tour. I did, and had a stomach ache for about three hours.

I hear they have a new World of Coca-Cola this year located near the Georgia Aquarium. I know what you mean - the only good part of the whole tour was drinking soft drinks not available here in the US.

Do the Aquarium and the CNN tour if you haven't. They are nice.

I agree. The Georgia Aquarium is probably one of the best ones I've been to in my life. The CNN tour is cool too. SkiBumMSP and I did that last year. Probably one of those "do it once" tours, probably won't do it again unless they do some major changes over at the CNN center.

I hear they have a new World of Coca-Cola this year located near the Georgia Aquarium. I know what you mean - the only good part of the whole tour was drinking soft drinks not available here in the US.

yeah they have a new one, though I haven't been there yet. And whatever you do folks, do NOT , I repeat do NOT try the drink called 'Beverly'. It was nasty. :ill:

J-Dubya 777 said:
As much of an old school wrestling fan that I am, I still haven't made it to Abby's, Gotta get there soon!

me either, and I live within 45 minutes of the place! :rolleyes: I really need to get down there soon. I grew up watching Abdullah make short work of everyone from Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich to Mr. Wrestling #2 to Bob Armstrong to Dusty Rhodes... and the list goes on and on... :heh:

How true, How true. Remember the Atlanta Braves pitcher, in the 70's Pasquel Perez, he was called up from Richmond and made the mistake of driving to Atlanta, He was supposed to start the game that night. Game Time NO PASQUEL, Game over NO PASQUEL, Russ Nixon received a call from the Ga Highway Patrol, that they had one of his players at their station, IT WAS PASQUEL PEREZ, he had gotten lost on I-285 and had driven around Atlanta for about 10 hours. totally lost.
And that my friends is a true story.

Ahhh, the great Pascual Perez! Now that stirs old memories since I've been a Braves fan since way back when. He helped "anchor" that old pitching staff with the "great" Rick Mahler and Craig McMurtry. Well Phil Niekro was great. :lol:

Anyway....to get this thread back on track it seems that there is a city that is even worse to try to navigate than Dallas. Now that's saying something! Thankfully I don't have any aspirations of driving in Atlanta!! :)

As much of an old school wrestling fan that I am, I still haven't made it to Abby's, Gotta get there soon!
So do I! Maybe we can have a "PP Wrestling Fans Brunch" at Abby's someday! I would love to go there!

Anyway....to get this thread back on track it seems that there is a city that is even worse to try to navigate than Dallas. Now that's saying something! Thankfully I don't have any aspirations of driving in Atlanta!! :)

Yes, my friend, Dallas has nothin' on Atlanta. It's taken 7 PPs for me to get from the highway to the hotel without getting turned around. The other problem is the sheer volume of traffic in downtown. You may know where you need to go but simply *can't* get there because no one will let you over! >_< Ugh! I don't mind driving in Midtown, it's the 8-lane high-speed highway going into the city that gets me worried! :lol:

And whatever you do folks, do NOT , I repeat do NOT try the drink called 'Beverly'. It was nasty. :ill:

aw Hoyt - you spoiled the fun!! you're supposed to tell them that they HAVE to try the Beverly - the best part is watching people gag over that stuff :)

yeah, i know - for a Rev i'm not very nice :headbang:

hey J-Dub - i'm game for heading to Abdullah's - count me in if you guys end up going (i live here, you'd think i could make it out there? not so much...)

peace
--Rev

Does Abby still have photos of himself bleeding like a stuck pig in the frickin dining room?
Absolutely ... that's part of the charm of that place. We've went there a few times while at Prog Power .. yet to run into the guy personally, although they say he stops in quite frequently when he's not out on the road. He still wrestles and whatnot from what I've heard. He's got to be in his 60's.

Britt

This thread makes me homesick ...
Except for the insects, the heat and humidity, the traffic, the heat and humidity, the roads, the heat and humidity, and the giant rodents...

Still if you live somewhere long enough you get a bit attached to the bad as well as the good. This year PP is as much about going home for me as it is about the music..

Btw, Ponce de Leon is just called "Ponce" (pronounced pawntz of course). I've rarely heard the de Leon... Atlantans are too lazy for that

Oh and Atlanta is really pronounced "uh-lan-na" :)

Robin

This thread makes me homesick ...
Except for the insects, the heat and humidity, the traffic, the heat and humidity, the roads, the heat and humidity, and the giant rodents...

Still if you live somewhere long enough you get a bit attached to the bad as well as the good. This year PP is as much about going home for me as it is about the music..

Btw, Ponce de Leon is just called "Ponce" (pronounced pawntz of course). I've rarely heard the de Leon... Atlantans are too lazy for that

Oh and Atlanta is really pronounced "uh-lan-na" :)

Robin

Hmmm. Thought it was Ad-lan-na.

aw Hoyt - you spoiled the fun!! you're supposed to tell them that they HAVE to try the Beverly - the best part is watching people gag over that stuff :)

yeah, i know - for a Rev i'm not very nice :headbang:

hey J-Dub - i'm game for heading to Abdullah's - count me in if you guys end up going (i live here, you'd think i could make it out there? not so much...)

peace
--Rev

Cool! If we don't do it this year, we might have to try to get something happening for next year, as long as Kamp Counsellor Harveston doesn't have a whole week's worth of activities for us by then. :) Abdullah's is SO much more fun than making whistle chains out of boondoggle :headbang::heh:

Mmmm delicious!

Beverly

Submitted by Kari Anne Roy

I have met Beverly only once. It was in the World of Coca-Cola museum, in Atlanta. She was in the tasting room, hiding in plain sight, while I got my $9 admission's worth of free samples.

Beverly looks innocuous. The push-button dispenser says, blandly, "Italy: Beverly," and then, underneath, "Bitter Aperitif." So you think, Cool, maybe this will wash away that China: Mandarin Orange funk I just choked down. And then&#8212;this should totally tip you off that something bad is about to happen&#8212;as you reach your hand out to push the button on the dispenser, the World of Coke staff takes a step toward you in disturbing unison. They pretend they're not looking at you, but you can so totally tell that they are.

You push the button, you toss it back, and then it hits&#8212;it's as if you'd crushed a thousand Imodium AD caplets, made them into a paste, and painted your tongue with it. The bitterness seeps into parts of your throat where taste buds should not exist, but somehow do. The museum staff falls all over themselves laughing at you, and then they get a mop.

:lol::lol:

I remember Beverly well. There was a trash can right near me...as soon as that bile hit my taste buds, I turned and spit it out in the trash...:lol: I had to get several samples of regular coke type products to try and get some of that taste out of my mouth. man.

I'm taking two nOObs there on Thursday afternoon......shhhhhh

:lol::lol:

I remember Beverly well. There was a trash can right near me...as soon as that bile hit my taste buds, I turned and spit it out in the trash...:lol: I had to get several samples of regular coke type products to try and get some of that taste out of my mouth. man.

I'm taking two nOObs there on Thursday afternoon......shhhhhh

buwahahahaha!!! have your camera at the ready!:puke:

Quote:Atlantan's only know their way to work and their way home. If you ask anyone for directions, they will always send you down Peachtree. Endquote

You forgot one small detail-if you're on the NW side they'll direct you to Peachtree via the Big Chicken, which is the point of reference for the universe.