Attention: Gold Badge Members

As for the vacation part, Atlanta is a nice city to go to once, but for the repeatability part of it, trust me there are much better cities to return to time and time again if there isn't a concert going on.

Atlanta is a great place to live, but I wouldn't want to visit there. :lol:

I think I'd be a fan of the 20-30 mile away subburbs, and work there, but the city itself is a cesspool from what I've seen, with nice pockets.

There are some parts that are real cesspools, but most parts of the city proper, on the notthern side, are decent.

Also, unlike many cities, Atlanta has widely distributed centers for commercial activity. Sure, there's a lot of jobs downtown and it defintely has 'quality of life' issues, but if you have a white-collar job or work in the IT sector, you are far more likely to work near I-285 in the immediate area (Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Vinings, etc.) or slightly farther suburbs (Alpharetta, Marietta, Duluth, Peachtree City, etc.)...and those areas are pretty decent.

It ain't perfect, and we don't have any water, but it's home. :lol:

Southwest does not yet fly into Atlanta. I piss and moan to my Brother in law every chance I get about it. (He is a director with the company) I've got free family flights and several free tickets from my SW Visa points that I can't use for PP. :mad:

I should have clarified that I was flying in to TN, and renting a car for the PP mini-trip. We actually rented a car last time for PP as well, since we were staying out near the airport.

No water? I live in the desert. Though it probably rains here more than there.

We've actualy been getting more rain here lately. A cynic would say it's all due to the governor's prayer technique; I figure we've just been getting luckier. :heh:

Do you have any idea what the IT jobs pay there?
man, topic derailed epically.

I don't have any recent idea since I don't work in IT. (And as a federal employee, even if I did, it wouldn't resemble real-world pay. :) )

Err, we now return you to your previously-scheduled thread on, uh, something. Ah, yes. Gold Badgers. The Beryllium Beavers, however, are Right Out. :lol:

I like Atlanta, if I found decent enough work there, I'd consider moving....

this could be a very dangerous proposition :headbang:
tee hee :)

i live in the Atlanta area, as well...and it ain't cheap to live and play here, either...not AS costly as coming in from elsewhere...but i think it's worth it, for me...for the music, the friends...the everything

just my 2cents ...
--The Rev

this could be a very dangerous proposition :headbang:
tee hee :)

i live in the Atlanta area, as well...and it ain't cheap to live and play here, either...not AS costly as coming in from elsewhere...but i think it's worth it, for me...for the music, the friends...the everything

just my 2cents ...
--The Rev

I see one of us, or both of us eventually being banned from the state itself...
:lol:

Well, we live in Connecticut,(my gf & I) & we tried planning last year to go, & it wound up to be around
$800 total, NOT including food & merch! & I got a good deal on airfare & the hotel too. So, for 2 people to go, $800 just for air tix, show tix, room IS alot of $! That is way too far to drive! I'd be so exhausted by the time I got there, I'd not even enjoy myself!o_O

Believe me, you would enjoy yourself. If you don't talk to anybody and don't really like the bands, and are predisposed to not enjoying yourself, then you might now. However, if you talk to people, hang out, go to parties, and enjoy some of the bands, you will have a GREAT time.

The first time we came down (PPUSA III) it cost us about $1500 each. We fly every year and have been staying at the closest hotel. Even with me being out of work this past year, we made the trip. Next year should be better as I'll have a discount on the hotel and the flight will be free. Still, we have so much fun every year, there is no question about whether or not we will go. Somehow, we will save up enough to make it.