Attn John Macaluso fans

Wayniac

Feb 12, 2002
Connecticut
Visit site
Most of y'all probably saw my thread a while back on Chris Caffery playing guitar on the current Doro tour.

Well - Chris will also be opening many of the shows, with none other than Mr. John Macaluso on drums...:worship: The dude is as funny as he is talented
If you make the shows, look me up :headbang: :kickass:
Hope to see ya on the road

Most of y'all probably saw my thread a while back on Chris Caffery playing guitar on the current Doro tour.

Well - Chris will also be opening many of the shows, with none other than Mr. John Macaluso on drums...:worship: The dude is as funny as he is talented
I'll be at the New York show. Can't wait to see Chris and the every-dynamic and endlessly funny Johnny Mac again!

There's a really cool podcast with clips from his new CD up on itunes, just search for his name.

His stuff is outstanding, there's a track with Labrie that's one of the best things I've heard in years.

I'll see you in Springfield. :)

I'll be at both the show in Springfield at Jaxx (the close-by "home" show) this coming Sunday and the following weekend I'll be traveling to St. Paul for the Flight of the Valkyries Festival (Doro with these special guests, Vainglory, Melissa from Visions of Atlantis to emcee, awesome vendors, plus a load of other great female-fronted bands, etc. It's going to be one hell of a show.). These guest appearances are just an added bonus for me, as it is no secret that I was ecstatic about the Doro tour before Caffery's or Macaluso's names were even mentioned. Although, it will be awesome to see Chris and John rockin' out up close! :headbang:

I've been wanting to see Macaluso again since Ark played ProgPower II! That man is a friggin' monster! Just when I think this tour couldn't get any cooler, it does!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Hey, we should finally have a chance to talk, since I'll be there for a while. ;)

If we ever get there! lol
In Clifton NJ right now - Day 3, still no bus.. LOOOONNNGG story.
Anyway - yeah man - we'll see ya. :headbang: :kickass:

BTW - besides the usual rough spots with 1st shows, they are playing grreat.
JMAC is an animal, Caff is on, and Doro and band are rockin' out

Does this mean Johnny Dee is not playing drums at all on this tour?

I know he's also been the tour manager for this US tour, but I thought he was still drumming as well. I was looking forward to seeing him play.
He's playing and kicking serious ass! :headbang: You're in for a real treat with his drum solo.

Great show last night. Excellent playing by all and lots of funny moments. Doro is a totally charismatic performer and her whole band was rocking.
Always enjoy seeing Chris play and John Macaluso is another excellent and highly entertaining drummer. He also does one helluva solo. Anyone going to this show is gonna have a blast.

Yep - Johnny Dee is drumming for Doro. I get to see 2 great drummers every night:headbang:
Good seeing Ann Marie, Heather, Blevins, Crooks, Noodles, Lish and everyone I ran onto so far
Looking forward to seeing Mike D, Shane, Tess, and Chris Roy when we get out that way

Yep - Johnny Dee is drumming for Doro. I get to see 2 great drummers every night:headbang:
Good seeing Ann Marie, Heather, Blevins, Crooks, Noodles, Lish and everyone I ran onto so far
Looking forward to seeing Mike D, Shane, Tess, and Chris Roy when we get out that way
Weird - dunno why that posted as rocker chick... that wass my post

If you like Macaluso, check out his stuff with MCM and his recent effort on Alex Masi's solo album. The man is just incredible.

Weird - dunno why that posted as rocker chick... that wass my post
:lol::lol: Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering who the hell that was.

John also is releasing a truly inspired solo record "The Radio Waves Goodbye" He's got Adrian Holtz doing a lot of the vocals with James LaBrie and Mike Dimeo stepping in for a few. It's a very progressive, melodic CD with a Dream Theater-type base and Ark overlay, yet sounding really completely different. There are some incredible keyboards by Vitalij Kuprij and Chris Caffery displays his usual skill and innovation on a solo in the song "Gates To Bridges." Still, John's drums, though not dominating, really are the most inspired part of this CD. Just amazing to hear him play, especially in the solo "Pretzel" (with some hilarious speaking parts in the beginning.) :headbang:
CD Universe will be carrying it (backordered) and Amazon has it but for more $$. We should have it up on BEC radio by next w.e.