ATTN: Keyboardists/Musicians

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
Guys... I've just made up my mind. I'm sick of loving music and not being able to make it... So I have decided I am going to buy a keyboard. Why a keyboard... Dunno really. I have a shitty old mini one, but that is rather crap. I know a few basic chords, and feel that I could learn to play it easier than the guitar. I have a few guitars here... Started teaching myself how to play, but the next step is beyond me. Have had a drumkit in my room for about 2 years, but my mate wanted it back so he could sell it.

I dunno... I just think it would be cool to know how to play keyboard/piano. I got piano lessons when I was in primary school for a year or 2.

My dad plays guitar and his band needs a keyboardist..

So the question is for anyone who plays keys, ... What brand? What type? What features should I be lookin at?

I'm looking at spending about $500.... But if there is a huge difference in quality between a $500 and a $700, I will splash out a bit more cash. Do you reccomend looking in Cash Converters? I am a little sceptical.... Just because its only a 3 month warraanty... I dont want it breaking down.

Any help appreciated

I love keyboard. It's heaps of fun! I wouldn't wanna be a keyboardist in a band coz I'd much rather run around on stage with the guitar, I'm not the kind of person that would wanna be in the background on stage haha. But I'd love doing keys in the studio and stuff. For the demo thing I recorded at uni last semester I did some of the keyboards for it. I actually wrote the song on keyboard rather than guitar and added the guitar riffs after I'd written it on keyboard.

Yesterday I learnt November Rain on piano :)