Attn: Megadeth Fans

QuothTheRaven

I see dumb people
Mar 21, 2002
West Lafayette, IN
Visit site
Have you guys been hearing these rumors about megadeth ending? I think it's bullshit but a freind of mine who's a total megadeth nut is making some good points. Plus they shut down the megadeth BB and chat room. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this. U think it's bullshit? U think there's cause to be concerned? (Dave's hands have been giving him serious problems lately i guess, plus he said a few months ago that a live album should signify the end of the band, and Rude Awakening was recently released.)
So again, just what are everyone's thoughts? My thought is, if megadeth breaks up i may just cry
:cry:

Ive been trying through the day to find out what happened to the message board and chat room and im still yet to find out.

About the band breaking up, i find it very strange as its the fans that would have found out before anyone else posted on the website by the band themselves although dave hasnt posted for a while, the system lords have just been saying the band is on a break. Maybe its all coincedence.

I hope it is because i love that band and i cant see any reason for them to call it quits. They have gone through alot worse.

closing the boards does not make sense...

so it could be quite probable that they are calling it quits. it would be most unfortunate if true, but they've had a damn good run thus far, and as a fan, i really can't complain.

Supposedly they shut the site down for "repairs." At least that was what a title page said last night when I attempted to log in. Hangar 18 and the boards are down at the moment, but I doubt that has anything to do with a break-up. HBomb saw DM a few days ago at a Coyotes game and everything was fine supposedly.

DavE

There's not even a link to the message board or chat room anymore. Odd.

What does it matter... megadeth have been dead for ten years.

That doesn't hide the fact that Rust in Peace was their last great record, and Countdown was like Megadeth's version of the black album. Youthanasia and everything after are terrible, ESPECIALLY risk, at least Cryptic writings had a few okay tracks, like trust.

Megadeth died a looooong time ago.

Originally posted by Unregistered
At least Cryptic writings had a few okay tracks, like trust.
Spoken like a true moron. Cyyptic had better songs than Trust. You probobly only listen to that song because it was a single. And Youthanasia had songs on it that were better than Trust. Who cares if you don't like thier new stuff you can go to a concert hear all the old stuff.

Cyyptic had better songs than Trust. You probobly only listen to that song because it was a single

BTW, it is trapped here. I should kick 'yer ass Poison Godmachine.

I used trust as an example, note the use of the words 'had a few', and then later 'LIKE trust'... To tell you the truth, i have been into megadeth for a long time, in fact, megadeth was one of the first metal bands i was into. ... But simply because their old stuff was awesome, doesn't mean that i have to kiss their asses about EVERYTHING they release. TWNAH is trash too, and Return to the hanger was a total insult. The only good thing they have done in a long time is re-release KIMB...

What was the single comment about anyway?

Youthanasia is a peace (ha ha... joke) of trash. I used to think that about Coutdown too, but it grew on me, especially the awesome tracks like Ashes in your mouth... but i have had Youthanasia since BEFORE it actually came out (advance copy), which is a long time, and there is a few 'megadeth' riffs here and there, like in Killing road and Youthanasia... but that is it. They went for the 'hard rock' sound and style, and it simply didn't work for them. Dave stopped playing his crazy 'megadeth' riffs, and started writing 'verse chorus verse chorus' songs, and it simply didn't suit them, and didn't work well at all.

-Trapped

Fair enough.

I'm out in woop-woop, so i can't see them ever, wether they have good music, or bad music... so if they release bad shit, then i will rag on them.

Even though I think they've gone downhill a lot, I still like some tracks off each CD, excluding Risk. TWNAH had like 3 good songs and a few ok ones, IMO. But, if they don't turn around and release something really excellent for their next one, I think I'll officially give up on them. I still need to hear the KIMBABIG remaster, not that that's related, but I just remembered it.

taken from http://www.melodicrock.com

MEGADETH FRONTMAN TURNING TO A HIGHER POWER?:
It's rumor time...and why not, it's been a while and Van Halen aren't doing anything, so here's the best rumor to be doing the rounds right now.
There is a rumor that Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has found God and quit the band he formed nearly 20 years ago.
Apparently Dave has become a born again Christian and wants to record only Christian music in the future...
Fuelling rumors, the band's official site has just removed it's popular Message Board area.
Dare I say it? Good Lord!

Originally posted by Brooks
taken from http://www.melodicrock.com

MEGADETH FRONTMAN TURNING TO A HIGHER POWER?:
It's rumor time...and why not, it's been a while and Van Halen aren't doing anything, so here's the best rumor to be doing the rounds right now.
There is a rumor that Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine has found God and quit the band he formed nearly 20 years ago.
Apparently Dave has become a born again Christian and wants to record only Christian music in the future...
Fuelling rumors, the band's official site has just removed it's popular Message Board area.
Dare I say it? Good Lord!

uhh, is everyone else here scared too?
fuck that shit man! thats rediculous. well ,what he chooses is his choice and his alone, bu tit is indeed odd.
:devil: :devil: :devil:

Apparently Dave has become a born again Christian

That's actually not a rumour... Read the credits of Youthanasia, and the interviews around the time. Dave did 'find god', and 'the light'.

You know what I find to be the most comical thing i've heard about Megadeth? The one year or so that Dave took off of drugs, he wrote Rust in Peace, and damn does it kick alot of ass. I just find that funny, i don't know maybe i'm dumb, i just find that a bit comical. It just goes to show you, you know, that being clean is good. Then Countdown debuted at #2 and Black album at #1!! ha ha ha!! i can only imagine how pissed dave was. enter: drugs