attn: nico goatschoolio

aguirre is like, amazing and profoundly disturbing at the same time.
i had a dream about the water last night.
i also had a dream that i was getting nice emails from my friend jared saying that i was a nice friend.

i finished Fitzcarraldo and got halfway through Nosferatu before i had to go to bed. hopefully i'll finish nosferatu tonight, squeeze in Kieslowski's Decalogue I-III, and then watch Aguirre before the weekend's over.

kinski is totally unrecognizable in Nosferatu, whereas his characters in Fitzcarraldo and Cobra Verde both have a recognizable Kinskian intensity.

i also am wondering whether i should watch it in English or German with subtitles. my initial reaction is, of course, German, but i watched the first Renfield scene in both and i realised the English script is actually better (the German version says something like "You will sweat a lot for this house, and you will also spill a little blood", but the English one says something like "You will spill much sweat...and perhaps a little blood!" [not exact quotes, but examples of how the German subtitles seem to be more direct translations, while the English version appears to have taken into account English idioms and expressions]).

oh, also: my film-buff friend said that for most of the Herzog movies, every scene WAS filmed twice, in English and German, except for some particularly intense ones which couldn't be repeated. so each DVD essentially has two movies on it.

xfer's sig is starting to make me not want to read threads that he's in, because it freezes my computer.

nick will you fill out the survey on my page thingie?