NOT A POLL: What movies should we rent for Halloween this yr?

chupe666

You may enter up to 25 ch
Apr 11, 2002
Where you live
www.chupetunes.com
This is a write-in ballot. Going to video store Thursday, need opinions.
However, some guidelines/suggestions:

1) Triple features are good (like last yr's Nosferatu, including the original silent movie, the Herzog version, and Shadow of the Vampire with Dafoe) although i usually fall asleep somewhere in the third movie, her in the first.

2) more action needed this year. Children of the Corn was a side show last year, and was decently captivating for the (then) fiancee.

3) Reanimator? never seen it. might be good with Bride of Reanimator, but is there a third?

4) thought about the Zombie trilogy: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead (or whatever they all were). not sure that'd keep her interest.

5) perhaps more blood and gore would be good?

6) the Michael Myers Halloween movies always good, but they're waaaay past 3. could stop at part 2, but that'd just bug me knowing there's a bunch more out there.

Evil Dead Series all the way Evil Dead, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, campy horror at its best, with plenty of humor worked in for good measure(basically all humor in third movie)

good suggestion and definitely within the realm of possibility, but done it.
also did a couple of Phantasm movies one yr so i guess that's out.
Exorcist I & III of course also out. There is no Exorcist II.

Peter Jackson triple-header: Bad Taste, Braindead and Frighteners. high on comedy value though.

Not in the horror traditional sense but a trio of Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and Lost Highway is scary enough...

We usually do a Halloween/Michael Myers marathon but not this year.

xfer said:
The Wicker Man, Basket Case, and The Rattan Horror
not seen any of these- are they related at all?

not that a theme is necessary- she won't give a crap. just a nerd-ism of mine.

we could watch the kieslowski red blue white trilogy and just scream/drink every time someone says something in french.

mindspell said:
Peter Jackson triple-header: Bad Taste, Braindead and Frighteners. high on comedy value though.
only seen frighteners- could be good. the david lynch theme is good but for another time. more blood, less creepy-ness.

maybe just an all-out over the top one like dead alive. still don't know about reanimator- seen it mentioned here. is it awesome?

maybe some b&w classics like frankenstein or wolfman.

haha well actually

the wicker man is awesome

but it is unrelated to basket case

which is less awesome and more 80s horror gore

the last one, as far as i know, doesn't exist.