NOT A POLL: What movies should we rent for Halloween this yr?

how do i always pick the bogus xfer posts to reply to hook line and sinker

a friend of mine in college was the biggest kiss fan and insisted on me watching that movie even though he admitted it was one of the worst movies ever made.
maybe we should just follow the rest of the neighborhood and drink Old Milwaukee on the driveway, peg kids with jawbreakers and shoot off bottle rockets.

My personal favorite thing to do on Halloween is stake out beside your candy container (ie pretend to be a fake blow up body or something) and scare the be-jesus out of trick or treaters, I highly recommend it.

i'm going to bring the boa out to greet a trickortreater and possibly totally ruin their halloween for them 4eva as they cry and scream and run home. if they're pussies.

xfer said:
thanks, nick, i think.

you're welcome. i mean any movie that features scenes like this can;t be total shit

THEFOG1.jpg

okay, no lie...

i just saw scroll by on one of those ticker-style news things at the bottom of a news show:

JOHN CARPENTER TO PRODUCE A RE-MAKE OF HIS 1981 HORROR HIT 'THE FOG'... CARPENTER ISN'T GOING TO DIRECT...

crazy!

picked up Reanimator, Scanners, and The Criterion version of THE BLOB.

considering familial health circumstances, a trilogy was probably a bad idea. next year maybe the Romero DEAD triology. Basket Case will be one of those VHS-only views i'm thinking, where the video is from the 80s and beat to hell. thought about Suspiria, but decided against it this time.

thanks much for the ideas.

i'm bummed out i didn't get in on this thread; on a similar note, that Channel BRAVO is doing a top 100 scariest horror movie moments this week and I happened to catch 50 through 25 today. They mention some awesome stuff, and have also clued me in to a couple films I haven't seen but which look awesome, one being The Sentinel. Anyone seen it?