Attn: npearce re: Xasthur

Erik

New Metal Member
Oct 10, 2001
southernmost voyage
I know you as well as I enjoyed (?! strange word to use) Xasthur's debut album immensely, and I don't know if you know this but the second Xasthur album is now out, called "The Funeral of Being"... You planning to pick it up? I know I am... Red Stream has it. Also Total Holocaust Recs. (http://thr.cjb.net/) has released a Xasthur/Acid Enema (who?) split which might be worth checking out. I thank you for introducing me to Xasthur, "Nocturnal Poisoning" is really good.

So there I was listening to "Soul Abduction Ceremony" and really taken aback at how I felt like my soul was being abducted - you know, as you do when listening to this immense track and getting caught up in all of it's majesty - and suddenly the wife walks in and says "what the hell is this crap you're listening to?".

Talk about killing the mood. :loco:

Black Winter Day said:
dude... you won't fucking believe it until you hear it. at times it sounds like the mic was placed in the toilet, shit on, and left to record the instruments that were being played next door.
:lol:

I think that's what nate the great was trying to think of when he came up with:

Nate The Great said:
‘Nocturnal Poisoning’ finds the one-man-band known as Xasthur in a truly dark place. Listeners will first be aware of the nasty recording used by Malefic (the guy behind all this sickness). Instruments are jumbled together in a heap of festering soot. Guitars reverberate off wailing keyboards. Vocals try to dig themselves from the depths of a rusted iron torture chamber deep, deep, deep within a blackened abyss.
So what you're saying BWD is that the 'iron torture chamber' may in fact be a comode? :loco:

The production on The Funeral of Being is Awesome . . . just as it was on Nocturnal Poisoning.

Here's some festering soot for you!

shit105.jpg

Black Winter Day said:
dude... you won't fucking believe it until you hear it. at times it sounds like the mic was placed in the toilet, shit on, and left to record the instruments that were being played next door.
Have you heard the split with acid aenema? Funerals vocals sound downright clean in comparison. Xasthur fucking rules though.

No doubt about it, Xasthur is a good little Californian BM outift. However, I'm also dying to hear:

Leviathan
Weakling
Crebain
Ludicra
Draugar

I've got Weakling in transit - arriving April 13th, but otherwise I'm in the dark.

JayKeeley said:
No doubt about it, Xasthur is a good little Californian BM outift. However, I'm also dying to hear:

Leviathan
Weakling
Crebain
Ludicra
Draugar

I've got Weakling in transit - arriving April 13th, but otherwise I'm in the dark.
Leviathan - Pick up the Tenth Sub Level Of Suicide. Red Stream has ''Sub'' for 12 bucks.

As far as Ludicra is concerned, check out their website. They have an mp3 of one of their songs. You can also buy their album directly from them for 10 bucks or look here: http://www.aquariusrecords.org. You can also find 3 songs in real player format there.

Ultimate_Symphony said:
Leviathan - Pick up the Tenth Sub Level Of Suicide. Red Stream has ''Sub'' for 12 bucks and Far Beyond The Light for 13.
If I'm not mistaken those two CD's are from different bands under the same name. ONe is from sweden and one is from America.

HarmonyDies.... said:
If I'm not mistaken those two CD's are from different bands under the same name. ONe is from sweden and one is from America.
Yeah, you're right.

The Tenth Sub Level Of Suicide (Leviathan US)
Far Beyond The Light (Leviathan SWE)