attn : oisin

breaklose

Spoof Member
Apr 14, 2004
paris, france
www.breaklose.com
here, my pc got infected by some virus, so after our norton told me which one it was, i foraged on symantecs website and did everything they told me to do, and so far it seems i finally got rid of it. so i did that :

The following instructions pertain to all current and recent Symantec antivirus products, including the Symantec AntiVirus and Norton AntiVirus product lines.

1. Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
2. Update the virus definitions.
3. Restart the computer in Safe mode or VGA mode.
4. Run a full system scan, and delete all files that are detected as W32.Spybot.Worm.
5. Delete the value that was added to the registry.
6. Delete any zero-byte files in the Startup folder.

but theres one thing i aint sure about : am i supposed to put System Restore back now that its working?

depends, really. if you dont use the feature some people say to disable it because it uses a lot of space. Its handy to have but, if you do something like install a fucked up driver and want to roll back your system to a stable state. I cant see how turning it back on could cause the symantec fix to fuck up

the thing is im a bit scared now cause like i got that virus right, and there was no way i could save my data, so i backed it up on a spare HDD, then formated the infected one, created new partitions and even used a different version of XP, then i install norton and that windows patch against that virus and from first second i connect to the internet i get that virus again. so this time i forage symantec and do that trick they tell me to do and now its working. so im afraid that like if i put the system restore thing back, then itll start fucking up again by restoring the files that get infected (namely that frewall.exe and svchost.exe).

i know but where do i get that virus from then? the only thing ive done so far on the internet is browsing 3 websites so how the fuck do i get that virus?? no msn, no icq, no ftp, no irc. i dont fucking get it.

if you use a firewall that alerts on inbound connections you'd be suprised how many attempts you'd see. just being connected to the web is enough. Like my little bro is connecting through my internet connection now and i can see how many inbound connection attempts are coming up cos of that

I use tiny but i dont think its a free download anymore

And where do you get off using secret identities in thread names?? who do you think you are?? bender??

Mines way out of date but i love it quite dearly, its makes me feel all warm and snug. Im gonna have to get summat for the little bro though

well kerio is pretty robust, i dont like tiny it annoys me.
most of the time thought i dont use a firewall, i just turn off every shitty stupid port opening service