Attn: TheWinterSnow

MarcusGHedwig

Mar 21, 2010
New York
www.myspace.com
Dude, I just wanted to let you know, on a whim today I took a listen to your Shades of Devastation soundclick page, and the song "The Winter Snow" is fucking incredible, seriously well done man :headbang::headbang::headbang: I absolutely love the writing and use of the choirs and synths, what VSTi's did you employ for their crafting?

I do feel the guitar tone could use a bit of work, but I like the general sorta sound you're going for, with all the symphonic stuff it works in the background, I just wish it were a bit more present. Also, a bit more attack on the kick would be nice, but now I'm just nitpicking, and the music is what counts, I can't tell you how much I love the refrain riff that first occurs at 1:14

And yes this could've been a PM, but I want to give public props :D

haha, thats fuckin awesome, I get home and settle down to dinner at my computer to find this, what a great present. 90% of those recordings are so old. The guitars where back in the day before I had my 5150. As always the orchestra works are that of MOTU's symphonic orchestra, nothing about that has changed in any of the songs.

I am truly humbled man, first time someone actually came out and took the time to say that they enjoy the music. Actually you will be receiving a PM here shortly.

Also, you discovered where I got my name, prior to writing that song my screen name of other forums was DeathrollJM.

Dude, I just wanted to let you know, on a whim today I took a listen to your Shades of Devastation soundclick page, and the song "The Winter Snow" is fucking incredible, seriously well done man :headbang::headbang::headbang: I absolutely love the writing and use of the choirs and synths, what VSTi's did you employ for their crafting?

I do feel the guitar tone could use a bit of work, but I like the general sorta sound you're going for, with all the symphonic stuff it works in the background, I just wish it were a bit more present. Also, a bit more attack on the kick would be nice, but now I'm just nitpicking, and the music is what counts, I can't tell you how much I love the refrain riff that first occurs at 1:14

And yes this could've been a PM, but I want to give public props :D

You're absolutely right man, that is a great song with awesome strings and choir.
Gonna listen through the other songs too now hehe