Guys with contracts (Producers)

Jaymz

Stymphalian Productions
May 20, 2006
York
www.facebook.com
Im just drawing up a contract for a project coming up and from there on after and was curious of any of you guys would be so kind as to let me have a look at one you use for your clients purely to gain an insight if ive missed something particularly important and a generalization of the layout you use to approach it.

That sounded a bit more formal than I expected but seriously straight up nothing heavy, just to get a bit of an insight into some experienced producers rights before work begins.

If you would like to let me have a look, jaymz.stephenson@ntlworld.com is my email.

Thanks! :headbang:

One advice I got from Andy himself regarding this matter when we talked about that: forget it. Not that he doesn't have points, but we're nothing compared to him.
I'll extend it to: Get paid for what you do, but don't expect to get points, % or things like that just yet. You'll get there eventually, in 10 years maybe.
Plus, even at his level, it's hard to make sure he gets what he should, and gets paid like 18 months later, so really, don't bother with that.
That's just my view though :)

One advice I got from Andy himself regarding this matter when we talked about that: forget it. Not that he doesn't have points, but we're nothing compared to him.
I'll extend it to: Get paid for what you do, but don't expect to get points, % or things like that just yet. You'll get there eventually, in 10 years maybe.
Plus, even at his level, it's hard to make sure he gets what he should, and gets paid like 18 months later, so really, don't bother with that.
That's just my view though :)

Oh I think we have a different meaning of "points", im just looking for areas of which people lay down before taking on lets say an album. Nothing specific about money and cuts or anything, nothing personal. Bands have their contracts which outline all sorts of stuff, there must be a vise versa for producers to cover their backs too.

Are you talking about royalties etc?

A 50% deposit is required before the recording process begins and 50% payment upon receiving the finished product.
The 50% deposit is non refundable upon any cancellation to compensate me for my loss of booking and time.

No mastered CD's will be given until payment is complete, No Exceptions.

A 50% deposit is required before the recording process begins and 50% payment upon receiving the finished product.
The 50% deposit is non refundable upon any cancellation to compensate me for my loss of booking and time.

No mastered CD's will be given until payment is complete, No Exceptions.

Yup thats the stuff, got that very clause down :) I found out that the hard way last year....*the giving no master out before final payments been given over*