What's the fuck is wrong with you guys? (Sturgis rant inside)

:lol: I thought you'd already have been aware of this phenomenon Andy. It took the world by storm some months ago. Been in the mixing cave for that long?

Essentially the guys are currently recording their follow-up record with Joey. They created an international phenomenon we call 'crabcore', which was coined on some online forum or other. Massive exposure, and for some reason there are people out there that willingly listen to them!

I wont lie.
I throw on Stick Stickly once a week or so for a good laugh and to feel better about myself. Every time the autotuned bit comes in I'm almost on the floor in tears.
I showed the video to one of my mates and told him this was the future of metalcore and he said "What a bunch of faggots! This is boyband-core".
I think boyband-core sums it up even better than crabcore

no love because the answers to almost any thread can be found using the search bar. Except the dumb no less than 4 letters rule, sometimes that does get me

joey, I just watched that video, how on gods green earth did you make it through that session? What the hell did i just see??

I believe this is why we still all congregate here. Even the greatest minds and ears of the art can still find the time to push their own boundaries. We may never know whether or not every single album made by any of these gentlemen we collectively revere (ie: Joey, Andy, James, etc...) is in their opinion great music, but they each chose to produce/mix/master/be-involved-with the given album. They have their reasoning, and so do we.

The shear openness of this forum is why Andy still contributes (I think) and why we still get zingers from James (such as the "hats"). I for one would not have learned anything beyond basic root notes on bass were it not for my connection to this forum. I think we are, in general, a community of like-minded individuals trying to improve ourselves and our environment. If not, we'd all be listening to that crap they call "Top 100".

I wasn't disgusted, certainly not my thing and not a band who's career I will follow....well not for the right reasons. I was actually laughing out loud and can't imagine sitting through the video again never mind recording them. Poor Joey, we should send the raisin bran fund to a hooker for Joey just to help the guy out. He must be a mess right now.

haha!. I wasn't saying that you were disgusted, that is just the general feeling from most people. I remember laughing pretty hard thinking that there was no way that they were serious. Then I had to come to realize, they are dead serious! They must not take themselves as people very seriously, like Weird Al.

I wasn't disgusted, certainly not my thing and not a band who's career I will follow....well not for the right reasons. I was actually laughing out loud and can't imagine sitting through the video again never mind recording them. Poor Joey, we should send the raisin bran fund to a hooker for Joey just to help the guy out. He must be a mess right now.

it bought me a car

haha

and this new record we're working on bought my pro tools rig.

This thread sucks!

threads.jpg