Audio Editing

Wolff

New Metal Member
May 9, 2001
Anyone knows any good plugins/programs for audio (mainly mp3) editing such as cutting/pasting, fading, crossfading, noise reduction and such?

I used to use Soundforge, but the license expired. :mad:

Any help would be appreciated.

Pro Tools. :D

That's my main hitch.... sometimes i use something crappy for small jops like cautting and pasting etc... something like Creative Wave-Studio or something....

Originally posted by Trapped

That's my main hitch.... sometimes i use something crappy for small jops like cautting and pasting etc... something like Creative Wave-Studio or something....

Do you have a link?

Pro Tools isnt really a downloadable thing is it? Its got hardware that does with it yeh?

Yes and no. That's the what smile was for.

I've got the hardware too (bloody expensive shit too!!!!), but you can download 'pro tools free' from the digidesign sight, that lets you do the editing that he wanted to do...

Yes and no. That's the what smile was for.

I've got the hardware too (bloody expensive shit too!!!!), but you can download 'pro tools free' from the digidesign sight, that lets you do the editing that he wanted to do...
Well would you say it would be worthwhile for me to download pro tools and try it out?
Or with my low quality input (ie no amp, no preamps, no mic, etc) and none of the hardware would it really not turn out any better than Cooledit Pro?

I believe one of my band members is buying the whole deal soon, so maybe i should download the software anyway, just to get the hang of it. Hm

You're probably better off with what you've got yoyoman...

Pro Tools is great for recording, editing, mixing and stuff like that... but if you're just using your soundcard input or something to record, then there's no point...