audio interface for a laptop

jonen

New Metal Member
Aug 26, 2005
Hi, i just wanted to ask you guys if there are any good audio interfaces for usb or firewire. i have a decent laptop (dell t41) with a crappy soundcard and i am only going to use it for guitar and bass.

is it possible to get quality recordings with a laptop, even tough the memory and harddrive is a little bit slower due to power conservaton?

mvh Jonas

If you are on budget,

get the M-Audio Firewire Solo. I'd suggest sooner or later you will want to record a band. So i think go for the M-Audio Firewire 1814

http://www.m-audio.com

you'll get 18 inputs with that one Plus you'll be able to use Pro-Tools.

And yes! You can get good quality recordings with a notebook. But i would buy a fast Firewire HDD.

the EMU mentioned above is also a good buy...

Im using an M audio mobile pre with my laptop and it sounds fine. Having said this I use the G4 with the MOTO 24 I/O as much as possible but this makes a nice little portable rig.

I use the Edirol FA-101 and it is great for tracking guitars and bass (it has 8 analogue ins and outs and stereo optical i/o).

The MOTU 828 mk2 is also a great interface for use with a laptop (although it requires external power)

Genius Gone Insane said:
Anyone know of any others that have ADAT I/O for less than $500?
yea word up!? what are other laptop interfaces that are better than the edirol? that thing looks rediculous and by the time i save up the money i'm sure they will have something slightly better. genius, ur band is super cool man. i checked out ur first mp3 and i was thinking, the music is good but the mix isnt hitting the spot, then and after realizing it was in chronological order, i clicked a few of the songs posted after that and i am totally diggin your sound now! how exactly do u record the stuff? :headbang:

xmidihcx said:
yea word up!? what are other laptop interfaces that are better than the edirol? that thing looks rediculous and by the time i save up the money i'm sure they will have something slightly better. genius, ur band is super cool man. i checked out ur first mp3 and i was thinking, the music is good but the mix isnt hitting the spot, then and after realizing it was in chronological order, i clicked a few of the songs posted after that and i am totally diggin your sound now! how exactly do u record the stuff? :headbang:

Fuck bro, I damn near forgot we still have a Web site...A bit dated, LOL, probably got to get that caught up, have a new singer and drummer now not to mention a bunch of new songs haha...

Keep on this forum and you'll learn how to do it too.