August Burns Red - Composure (cover + full stems)

To my ears there are some problems with the low end. It sounds like a master bus compressor is overwhelmed by the low end of the kick and thus squeezes the mix a bit too much. Other than that, it sounds cool

That is really harsh on the high end man, I'd pretty much take all bus's and master bus down a few db's in the upper range and pump up the bass too.
I agree with you. Should have checked it again with fresh ears although I have to say that the original mix of the song is very bright too.

Last edited:
I love the recording of the stems, so I also tried to mix it. I used all DI files to test some Amp VSTs.
For the guitars I used Amped Roots and for the bass TSE BOD (both are free plugins).

Enjoy :)
Cheers

Just re-discovered the STEMS on my computer today and had to give the mix another try since I really messed it up last time. I leanred a lot since then and I'm quite happy with the result this time. Guitars and Bass are done with Bias Amp 2, drums are from EZ drummer Metal! expansion.

Cheers
Silvan

Reactions: Alex M
Hello, World!
This is my attempt

-----------------------------------------
Kozi Records
Mixing and Mastering.
If you wish me to work on your music for LP, EP or Demo album. Please contact me via email or through Facebook page

Hello, World!
This is my attempt

I think it has some strange eq, maybe it's just me, but it sounds a bit "hollow", vocals are too loud for my taste and have some harshness on the highs, too much distortion I guess. Also there's too much reverb on guitars. Overall it's a bit darker than what I usually like, but that's taste I guess :)