August Burns Red

Aaron Smith

Envisage Audio
Feb 10, 2006
Seattle, WA
Anyone here like these guys? Adam D. did their debut record, "Thrill Seeker". They also recently posted an instrumental demo version of something for their new album, it sounds awesome:

purevolume™ | August Burns Red

SUPER solid drummer, and I've always liked the way that these guys think when they write...meaning, they've got some rhythmically straightforward sounding stuff that's easy to nod your head to, but they always interject little stops or fills or weird meters that keep things really interesting. Great, unique band in my opinion.

I've been listening to them for a while, saw them a while back. Didn't like them live but thier studio stuff is really cool.

Didn't like them live but thier studio stuff is really cool.

I've seen them twice. The first time was at a really poor venue (Rock and Roll Pizza in Portland, OR), with a bad PA and bad mix, and it entirely affected the quality of their set. I wasn't very impressed at the time. However, the more recent time that I saw them here in Seattle, it was an EXCELLENT mix at a good venue, and the set was incredibly solid and powerful. And like I said, their drummer was extremely impressive...plus he's like 21.

Not my music at all and the drums sound like badly programmed DFHS on the instrumental demo ...

hahaha good point, sounds like everything got quantized...

they are a pretty good band, i gotta give em props for thrashing out but i honestly can't wait to hear them mature more as musicians and put out something that takes this stuff further beyond just catchy little riffies and beatdowns..