August

lorinc

Oct 5, 2012
Paris, France
Last week was the funeral of my father, who passed away at the end of July. He was 77 with cancer and waited to see me one last time during the holidays. On the return trip, I blasted some WD in the car. I didn't remember August was on the album, such a powerful song, I cried. Cherish your loved ones before you'll miss them forever.

So sorry for your loss. That song gets me, too, as my grandmother died in August. It's been 17 years, but it still feels like it was yesterday.

Reactions: lorinc
Sorry for your loss Lorin. I agree that song is very powerful. There's something about the entire album, really. As time goes on, I'd put it right there at the top of WD's list of works, as good as any Nevermore album. Instant nostalgia. I miss WD, I miss this forum, I miss the old times, I miss you all.

I hope you're all well <3

Reactions: Iris and lorinc
I've never seen that interview before. It's really good. His response to the question about the upcoming (2016) election is so foreboding. I don't think even he knew how bad things would possibly get.

Funny how politics are involved. I am not going to go into this rabbit hole.He wore his heart on his sleeve maybe too much..

As fast as the others... I was pretty much an outcast long haired metal head in a sea of jocks in "school". In my class was Steven who had MS and I befriended much the same. He didn't make graduation, but his struggles in life will never be forgotten upon me to this day.

DNB tour at the I Rock in Detroit, snow storm, Cauldron and In Flames opened. The boys put on the best show , front to back and closed with the seven tongues of god and Jim getting beaned with a snowball and my buddy Jay and I flinging joints of big bud on stage.

Hummnn.. I guess that is all....Tee's little video at Wacken I think it was......love you Tee...

Reactions: Iris