Loss

ebass

Bottom Line
Sep 17, 2002
Nor Cal
enchant.nu
This is a tough one everyone. My dear friend Tom called me last night and informed me he had lost his sister. She was in a terrible car accident and passed away. His mother also passed on the 1rst of the month.

Tom is about as good as they come, just one of the coolest and most decent human beings anyone could ever meet. I am sure many of you know him from the past shows we have played. Is is always there to help the band loading in out whatever is needed to be done and is one of our biggest fans.

He drives down from Oregon to see our shows and help. He stayed and helped me and my x load out all my gear at the March show in San Jose at the Avalon liike he always does. Some of you who were at the hotel afterwards hung with us and met him. He was at the DVD pre-party and taping and has been one of my best friends for years. He is usually front and center at every show we play.

My heart is heavy today and he is on my mind and I know everyone that knows him in the enchant family and friends circle will take a minute to sent some good thoughts his way. He is a good man.

Life is short and we should cherish every minute of it especially with our loved ones.

sorry to hear that Ed- it's a feeling of just complete emptiness...nothing can make it better...but being a friend helps Tom just a little bit....

Len

Ed, that's so sad, my sympathy to Tom, and to you. What a strong and considerate way of supporting your pal--I'm sure your friendship is going to help him immensely. It's so hard to find the "right" words to say when something like this happens...just stay connected, listen, remember, and yes, cherish every minute. All the best to you both.

Kristin

Wow, Ed - that really sucks! I'm really sorry for your loss and for Tom as well. Losing his mother and sister in the same month is nothing short of tragic. He will need the strength of his friends and family to pull through something like that. You are a good friend, Ed and I know that you will be there for him!

Hey thanks Eddy this post was a surprise!
I would like to share a bit of a miracle with you…
Recently about 4pm in the afternoon, I was traveling northbound on hwy 99 when I saw a most amazing site! The weather had been dark and rainy for days in our area but suddenly, just for a brief half hour of time, the sun broke thru the clouds! And a vivid rainbow appeared to the north of town. Not only that, the start of the rainbow was directly at the location of the hospital where my sister had passed away the day before. I couldn’t help the sensation of Goosebumps from the site.

{{The Miracle connected to the rainbow thru scripture in Genesis 9:14.}}

I was blessed with a comforting feeling for some reason after seeing this. Maybe somehow this was associated with her spirit.
I felt God had ‘picked a flower on this day’

A sort of uncommon valor that she possessed in an understated manner. This is very much a trait that I admired in her. She had this unwillingness to give up on people and stick it out through the hard times. She always seemed to be able to envision the big picture as more important then her personal needs.
I like to think her death could have some sort of meaning that I have not yet seen, something that could steer it from the negative.

If there is a message here I believe it would be based on this word ‘Accountability’.
We all have Accountability to people around us. Whether it is to give someone a deserved recommendation in a work setting, or something as simple as a clip that holds the pin on a mechanical devise. Time is the balance, as we all try to squeeze it in… maybe we should be tiring to lengthen instead of shortening it. ‘Quality of time’ is the key. Because it is painfully obvious that each and any one of us could be taken without a minutes notice. And we should be aware of the amount of accountability that may or may not be present in our lives.

Tomo

Time is the balance
As we all try to squeeze it all in

Why does that feel like a song in the making?

Tom, that's really beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

I hope you'll be down for the next Enchant show, which may be soon - you can count on a drink from me, bro.

--Keith