RIP Mike Alexander

Wow - what else can you say? That makes for intense, emotional reading right there.

I've had something going around in my head all week. Matt mentioned that Mike had been feeling rough in his diary, and now this article too. When I last spoke to Mike just before the release party gig, he wasn't his usual cheery self at all. He said he'd been feeling ropey all week, and could hardly eat a thing. At the time I just thought he had picked up a stomach bug or something.

Right before Evile went onstage, the last thing I ever got to say to him was "are you sure you're going to be OK to play?" He laughed and said Yeah, sure, I'll just have a few beers and I'll be alright. Of course, once he was up there playing, the adrenaline gets going, and you'd never guess he was ill. I know Mike would be the last person to pull out of a gig, or let the fans or his bandmates down - I just wonder if that stopped him seeing a doctor, or he just didn't think it was anything other than a bug that he'd just get over in a few days?

My heart goes out to Merchgirl, she has written such a beautiful article, how she managed it I will never know, but it is a fitting tribute

That must have been a terrible ride back home. I haven't posted much in this thread as I was rendered speechless by the news and I haven't written any messages to the guys because I know they are probably overwhelmed with all the people that want to help them. All I can is you have to celebrate Mike's life, forget about how its not fair and cherish the good moments you had with him. The laughs, the love, the friendship. I'm sure the guys at the Earache/Evile camp are cooking up something great for us to celebrate his life and help his family out.

I was reading the little book in the Infected Nations case, and saw something that kinda choked me up a bit.

"Mike would like to thank: ..., my Father RIP see you again someday"

When I heard about this, I honestly couldn't believe it and no doubt, I wasn't alone on that.

I had the honour of meeting Mike back on their last date of the 'We Who Are About To Tour" gig at Rock City. I was stood with a few of my friends watching Trigger The Bloodshed when I noticed Mike stood at the side watching the band too. I finally got the balls to go over to speak to him, I shook his hand and said "Dude, I saw you guys back in February when you were supporting Megadeth at Birmingham Carling Academy, you guys fucking ripped. It was sweet."
Mike looked at me, gave me a smile and said, with quick acknowledgement, "Cheers, dude."

I was so proud of myself for meeting him and at least having the balls to say something to him. Obviously, I barely knew the guy at all, but from just that one moment I met him, he was such a cool guy.

It's hard to try and sum yourself up from a first impression, but for me, Mike did it with ease.

R.I.P. Mike Alexander.

R.I.P. Mike Alexander.
Like many people here I did not know him personally, only through the interviews and the music. But from what I've seen and heard, he sure as hell seemed like the kinda guy I could have some beers and many laughs with. I think his family, the band and his friends can take some pride and comfort in seeing how many people are affected by this, if only slightly, for those who did not really know him that well...I'll cut this thing short now, I think better written things have been said already..
This might be a weird question, but does anyone know what MIke's favorite track off of ETG was?

index.php

Mike was Liverpool fan? :) Im sure where he is now... he is loving the weekends results. Liverpool 2...Man U 0.