Automatic Time Sig and Tempo change in Cubase

RemoWilliams

¯\(°_o)/¯ How meet Devil?
Nov 13, 2005
Hello, all. For anyone who is familiar with Cubase SX 3 or Nunendo, I totally forgot what setting to use for when dropping in a MIDI file into a session and the session automatically changing the Tempo and Time Signature to what the midi is. I had to reinstall Cubase on my harddrive and totally forgot what to set for it to do this. Honestly, I can't remember how I got it to do it in the first place. I tried reading thru the manual, but I don't know what section it would be under or wording to use to find it. Help would me welcome since this is a quick way for me to setup clicks for a song. Thanks :headbang:

It should work automagically through File | Import | MIDI file. If it doesn't, either the MIDI file was saved using a non-standard type or a setting in Cubase is wrong (don't know what could be, though..).

Dont you just set the tempo to 'track' instead of fixed? I don't know where to go from there though.

Found it. I had to unclick "Ignore Mastertrack Events on Merge" in the MIDI-Import options. Thanks for you quick responses and help. :headbang: