Drumtracker and Cubase SX question

Damphire

Aug 8, 2008
I'm considering getting Drumtracker so I downloaded the manual available at Toontrack's website and I noticed that the required tempo map format is MIDI, I quote:

"If a tempo map was used as a reference while tracking, be it to accomodate tempo
changes or odd time signatures, you can choose to import your conductor track as a
MIDI file at this point so that all events are referenced correctly against your project
timeline. Select ‘Browse’ next to Tempo Map and navigate to the MIDI file. Then make
sure you select ‘Enable Tempo Map’ at the bottom of the window."

Cubase does not export midi tempo tracks. Do you know a way around this? all of my tracks have tempo changes and the drums were recorded in Cubase.

Any coherent help will be appreciated :)

I need help with this too.

Our drummer is very strict with how he wants his kick to sound, in during play thats how it sounds, but our mic for the kick isnt the best. It gets the punchyness but not enough roominess, and EQ can only do so much. Manual mixing Superior 2 samples with the actual kick track sounds amazing, but its a long process.

Only thing I can think of, but havent tried yet, is to make a midi file the length of the song, and then just export that, and hope it keeps the tempo and time changes of the song, then let drumtracker select that when converting.

Also, bringing the midi file from drumtracker into cubase just leaves me with a new midi track with the right name, but an empty channel.

Hopefully there is a workaround or simple renaming the smt file to mid. As of now, there arent any updates for this yet.

I haven't done this is Drum Tracker specifically.

The Cubase MIDI files have time signature and tempo signatures in them.

Off the top of my head, I think it is just Export MIDI and then make sure you click the options for the tempo and time signature.

That is how we transfer tempo tracks made in Cubase to Pro Tools.

In Pro Tools you have to import the tempo and time signatures as well with the MIDI. I almost always have a MIDI track hitting LM-7 with Claves or something so I can export audio for the band to rehearse to. So there is a midi track there. They are quick to make, just use the "Repeat" function to do whole songs really fast.

So you might need to have a MIDI track there to get it all out. But you may not.

Then it will be up to DrumTracker to pull that in. For importing MIDI to Cubase, you can also select the time and tempo import too. MIDI keeps that stuff universal. Cubase's XML tempo map I think is only for Cubase.