Reaper Update - v3.11

Chris_P_Critter

Freeze Tag Assassin
Apr 25, 2009
In a van down by the river.
Some pretty useful shizzle in here - like Project in Project! :)

v3.11beta - September 14 2009
+ Action: crossfade any overlapping selected items
+ Action: toggle master track and tempo envelope visibility together
+ Action window: allow removal of multiple key bindings at once
+ ASIO: fixed compatibility with Zoom R16 (and possibly other devices)
+ Automation: freehand envelope drawing (ctrl+drag by default, optionally ctrl+alt+drag)
+ Automation: envelope data reduction during recording is now on by default
+ Automation: add a point anywhere in an envelope lane by clicking
+ Automation: envelope lanes now respect locking
+ Editing: fixed shift+click for multiple selection in arrange view
+ Editing: do not allow track envelopes to move vertically when ripple edit is enabled
+ Fades: option to disable autofades/autocrossfades for MIDI items
+ FX autobuild routing: clearer indication that cancelling autobuild will still load the FX
+ FX chains: loading FX chains will search the path of the .rfxchain for media files (for reasamplomatic/reaverb)
+ FX window: UTF-8 support for preset/program combo boxes
+ Help: useful information (info or context sensitive help) displayed below TCP section
+ License keys: updated text for non-commercial to be more accurate (personal/small business)
+ Loop recording: fixes for rounding errors causing items to be slightly too long
+ MCU: better support for emulated surfaces that do not notify touch state
+ Media explorer: menu options to enable RPP preview, disable tempo sync
+ MIDI editor: velocity lane editing affects only selected notes if there is a selection visible
+ MIDI editor: show MIDI track input on piano keys (preliminary/test, may not remain)
+ MIDI editor: less eager to show empty space to the left of the MIDI item
+ MIDI editor: fixed drawing controller data over existing data on another channel
+ MIDI editor: actions to move to previous/next lyric
+ MIDI editor: fixed blinking cursor reappearing when offscreen
+ MIDI: in-project MIDI preview should now interrupt audio less
+ Mixer: improved extended mixer FX context menu layout
+ Multiproject: support for playing background projects with current, option to sync start times
+ OSX: fixed low latency MIDI output mode
+ OSX: fixed menu key binding labels
+ OSX: fixed MIDI note name editing
+ OSX: AU compatibility improvements
+ OSX: fixed key assigning special keys in actions window
+ OSX: fixed keyboard navigation in file open/save dialogs
+ Pan: allow settings as low as +1/-1% with control+drag
+ Peak building now handles multiple projects nicely
+ Pencil mode: obey loop preference when drawing empty MIDI item
+ Project settings: project media browse dialog better deals with relative paths
+ ReaSamplomatic5000: ability to fully buffer smaller audio samples (better performance)
+ ReaSamplomatic5000: removed pan automation zipper noises
+ ReaSamplomatic5000: volume/rate/etc automation now affects playing samples
+ ReaSamplomatic5000: parameter for MIDI pitch bend amount (default is 2 semitones, can do up to 12)
+ ReaSamplomatic5000: safer thread-source management
+ ReaSamplomatic5000: notify undo state when sample changed
+ ReaVerb: less RAM use during file loading
+ Safer memory management in undo, ReaVerb, and other areas
+ Snap: relative snap support
+ Snap: when grid-snap settings follow visible grid, do not snap if grid is not visible
+ Selection: faster selection of multiple tracks in some cases where other windows are open
+ Take: reverse take, fixes/improvements to loop section
+ TCP: Fixed track VU meter glitch
+ TCP/mixer: mousewheel support on FX knobs and sends
+ Tempo markers: manual edit of position defaults to timeline units (bars.beats, min:sec, etc)
+ Toolbar: arm a custom toolbar button by right-clicking, click an item in the arrange view to run it (super-preliminary)
+ Undo: fixed multiproject undo system bugs
+ Undo window: safer destroy on exit
+ User preference: default track height in new projects, set to medium (was small) by default
+ Virtual MIDI keyboard: arrow keys can be passed through to main window
+ VST: configurable bridging/firewalling on x64 and x86 (prefs/VST)
+ VST: FX browser option for run mode (default, native, separate process, dedicated process)
+ Windows Vista/7: validate ini file path before using (to ensure that it is writeable)

Sweet, freehand drawing for automation.... Pretty cool.

Just wish they would fix my MP3 rendering issue... Would save me some time having to convert the wav outside of Reaper...

Sweet, freehand drawing for automation.... Pretty cool.

Just wish they would fix my MP3 rendering issue... Would save me some time having to convert the wav outside of Reaper...

I've never had an issue with mp3 rendering, on different machines I've had. No glitches at all - just dropped in the Lame_enc.dll and away I went.

UNTIL THIS MORNING.... I couldn't render an mp3 from a project, at all. Either the mp3 would render and then would not be able to play in Media Player or on iTunes, or Reaper would crash while rendering. I'm running the same plugs as other projects that rendered fine, so I'm going to have to go track by track to see if there's something causing it.

I've never had an issue with mp3 rendering, on different machines I've had. No glitches at all - just dropped in the Lame_enc.dll and away I went.

UNTIL THIS MORNING.... I couldn't render an mp3 from a project, at all. Either the mp3 would render and then would not be able to play in Media Player or on iTunes, or Reaper would crash while rendering. I'm running the same plugs as other projects that rendered fine, so I'm going to have to go track by track to see if there's something causing it.

Same issue I've been having.... It just crashes..... Never had a problem until the last update(the one before 3.11). And no one ever responds to my posts over on the Reaper forums.... So I just render to .wav and use Winamp to convert em(uses a much better encoder) but it's just too damn time consuming.

Hmm, never had a problem with bouncing to mp3 in Reaper either, even with the newest update. And Eric, you think Winamp has a better converter than the LAME codec? (or whatever it is) And honestly, that's just a huge intimidating list to me; it's cool having new features, I just wish I could figure out what they were a little easier! :loco:

Hmm, never had a problem with bouncing to mp3 in Reaper either, even with the newest update. And Eric, you think Winamp has a better converter than the LAME codec? (or whatever it is) And honestly, that's just a huge intimidating list to me; it's cool having new features, I just wish I could figure out what they were a little easier! :loco:

Nevermind, I just found out that the one I use in Winamp is LAME..... Whoops....