A new DAW - Presonus Studio One

I tried the demo and there's yet a chance that it will replace Cubase for me. It's very simple and to the point - focus is on workflow (where it matters). However it's lacking heavily in basic editing features, which is the main drawback at the moment. From what the project manager has been saying though, they're working their asses off trying to get those features into the next version.

It feels like it's coming from the Steinberg direction, only that they've actually pulled it off and made a half decent workflow. As it stands, it doesn't even put a chink in ProTools though.

Also, it's way overpriced for that feature set.

agreed, the editing features really need to be shaped up before it can come into its own...
but i must admit, it looks good

DAMN. I'm loving this program so far!

Very, very similar to Cubendo so working my way around it has been flawless so far.

It's basically everything I wish Cubase had and more. The built-in mastering portion is fucking genius!

I do however, wish the MIDI (for drum programming) was more like Cubase. I may just do the drums/editing in Cubase for the record I've got coming up and mix in Studio One! LOVE the sidechain and easy bussing and grouping functions!

okay jarko you can keep them,cubase 5 still working.
By the way i will stick with cubase 5,
studio one eats my cpu(intel i7) it cracks and pops very fast.

Just gave it a shot earlier today, seems like a decent DAW. Most of the things seem quite intuitive after a little bit of searching. It did crash on the initial launch when it scanned for my (hundreds of) VST plugins. But on the second load, it automatically ignored the plugins that crashed it and continued from where it left off in the previous scan :kickass: I did a quick VST-load test with the plugins that usually crashed Reaper, but they had no effect on Studio One Pro :cool: So I think I may begin to use this one for a while and see how it fares in the longer run.

For some reason, I'm having problems getting Superior Drummer working on it reliably :erk: Sometimes it works like normal, other times it will load Superior Drummer normally, but freezes whenever I try to play a sound in the main window of SD. Also, the "loading sounds" screen displays a completely bogus number. It starts increasing the number from something random between 600 and 900 MB, and ends up somewhere in the 1400-1500 MB region.