AVANTASIA: Ghostlights

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
AVANTASIA – FIRST GUEST VOCALIST ANNOUNCED FOR NEW ALBUM; TOUR ANNOUNCED

In January, Avantasia will release their new album Ghostlights, followed by the Ghostlights World Tour 2016 that will kick off in March. Now the first guest vocalist can be announced.

Avantasia mastermind Tobias Sammett: "Hey Newsletter subscriber, Avantasian and friend of great music! ;) You may have heard about it, but I wanna inform you personally: Ghostlights will feature some of the greatest vocalists of all time, and now I can reveal the first name. To most Avantasia fans he is an old acquaintance: The Striking Viking, Mr. Jorn Lande. We have just finished the studio session with Jorn, and he sounds amazing. The whole material sounds really enchanting, very melodic, very powerful, very emotional. And the best news is: Jorn is also going to join us for the Ghostlights World Tour. We’ll play 3 hours every night, there’ll be various amazing vocalists sharing the stage, and Jorn will be one of them."

“I can’t wait to unleash the album and hit the road, and our stage manager is discussing the stage production with several companies right now. We have plans! :) Of course, the focus has to be on the albums, the songs, and the singers - no doubt! We’ll keep you posted. Ah, and before I forget: You know I have my own radio show, don’t you? Tobias Sammet Rockshow at RadioBob. You can listen online at RadioBob.de as well. I’m on the air every Wednesday, from 9PM CET to midnight. Three hours of classic rock and metal. Next Wednesday I think I may announce another guest vocalist on my show. So… ok, now back to the studio. We’ll speak, have a great day, and talk to you soon, Tobi."

I wonder if world tour includes the US next year? Probably not. And I KNOW it's impossible, but can you imagine how many people would piss themselves if they were announced as a headliner for PP17 after years of Glenn saying it was impossible? I know, I know...dream a little dream.....

This is turning out to be quite the interesting cast of characters. Those who long for the "epic power metal" era of Avantasia have got to be hating this so far.....

Hmm in the original post they did say world tour. If they were going to play around the world, they would likely have to have some sort of truncated form without all of the singers. So why not PP next year? I mean honestly, if they did tour America I doubt they could do anything larger in scope than what Helloween is doing (and I would argue Helloween is a bigger draw since they crossover somewhat to old school fans of metal). I doubt they would play to a larger crowd than PP at any American date. So perhaps they are the German band for Wednesday or Thursday.

Hmm in the original post they did say world tour. If they were going to play around the world, they would likely have to have some sort of truncated form without all of the singers. So why not PP next year? I mean honestly, if they did tour America I doubt they could do anything larger in scope than what Helloween is doing (and I would argue Helloween is a bigger draw since they crossover somewhat to old school fans of metal). I doubt they would play to a larger crowd than PP at any American date. So perhaps they are the German band for Wednesday or Thursday.

They always say world tour, but the USA doesn't seem to be part of their world. They will play Europe, Latin America and Japan probably. For reference, the place they always play in Mexico City has a capacity of 2,500.

I would think that Avantasia has a greater drawing capacity than Helloween. Helloween doesn't seem to draw well in the states, but Avantasia will have the classic voice of Helloween on their tour. If you look at the press releases, it will tell you who will be on tour with them and who will only be on the albums. But with the multiple singers Avantasia will draw from fans of Helloween, Unisonic, Pretty Maids, Masterplan, Jorn and Edguy. They certainly can't sell out an arena, but if they did a couple of shows (maybe one on each coast), I would think that they could sell a couple thousand tickets a night.

Can anyone confirm how they drew for their show in Canada last time around?

Not sure of the exact numbers, but it seemed packed. It was definitely a show where the vast majority of people travelled. It was incredible though. I hope I'm lucky enough to see them again.

The outdoor venue where they played in Quebec City holds around 5,000 and it wasn't not packed but close to be. I'd say maybe 4,000-4,500 people. Which was much more than I thought they would drew. But this was during the "International Quebec City Summer Festival" where all bands draw much more than they usually do, because of the of the low cost of the ticket that brings in lots of people who usually never attend shows. Hammerfall almost packed the same venue a few years before Avantasia and they'd draw around 300-400 for a "normal" gig.

Avantasia gave us an amazing show, I'd love to see them again. It would surely be killer at PP.

Avantasia - Ghostlights World Tour 2016:

March
4 - Berlin, Germany - Huxley’s
5 - Hamburg, Germany - Große Freiheit
6 - Bremen, Germany - Aladin
8 - London, England - The Forum
9 - Paris, France - Le Trianon
11 - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz 1
12 - Madrid, Spain - La Riviera
15 - Frankfurt-Langen, Germany - Stadthalle
16 - Prague, Czech Republic - Forum Karlin
18 - Kaufbeuren, Germany - All-Karthalle
19 - Bamberg, Germany - Brose-Arena
20 - Oberhausen, Germany - Turbinenhalle
22 - Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
24 - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
25 - Pratteln, Switzerland - Z7
27 - Banska Bystrica, Slovakia - Ice Stadium
28 - Bratislava, Slovakia - Sportshall
29 - Tropolach, Austria - Full Metal Mountain Festival
31 - Saarbruken, Germany - Saarlandhalle

April
1 - Ludwigsburg, Germany - Arena
2 - Fulda, Germany - Esperantohalle

Note: No further bands, Avantasia plays 3 hours

AVANTASIA – GHOSTLIGHTS ARTWORK, TRACKLISTING REVEALED

AvantasiaGhostlights.jpg

TOBIAS SAMMET’S AVANTASIA TO RELEASE “MYSTERY OF A BLOOD RED ROSE” SINGLE IN DECEMBER

Christmas is drawing near, and Tobias Sammet got his "Nutcracker Suit" on already. If you listen to the Tobias Sammet Rockshow on Radio Bob (radiobob.de) on December 9th, at 9 PM, German Time you will get a world-exclusive pre-listening of the new Avantasia single. On December 11th it'll be available digitally from iTunes and other platforms officially.

Tobias comments: “”Mystery Of A Blood Red Rose” is a song I originally wrote with Meat Loaf in the back of my mind - but for some reason the collaboration didn't happen, so I did the song myself. The choirs alone took more than 40 hours to arrange and record - for a four minute song! That pretty much says it all. Anything worth doing is worth overdoing and more is more!”

avantasiasinglenov.jpg

Last edited: