AVANTASIA: Ghostlights

Every single review I've read has rated GhostLights very highly, stating that it compares to the heaviness and bombastic nature of Metal Operas 1 and 2. That trailer that someone just posted sounds absolutely awesome!! It's been a long time since I've been this excited for an Avantasia release. I have a feeling this is going to blow alot of people away and a release we will be talking about for a long time. I've even heard that Tate sounds incredible on this, imagine that? :)

From Avantasia's facebook page:

AVANTASIA LIVE IN USA AND CANADA

Great news - my North American friends: WE'RE COMING BACK! You know, the few memories I have of our last Avantasia show in Canada are a bit blurry. Back then I went from hospital right to the stage as I had some real mean flu. I was so high on whatever medication the doctor gave me to make the show, all I remember are the green little creatures in my dressing room that were calling me names but always disappeared under the sofa whenever I tried to catch them to confront them with their silly behavior… Now, looking at the video I sounded quite a bit awful, ha! But I've been told I was funny and a very happy person that night.

AND I AM HAPPY TO SAY WE'LL BE BACK - IN GREAT SHAPE: Toronto and New York confirmed, West Coast show in the works. Unfortunately Bob won't be able to join us for the dates outside Europe as he will be off on a Magnum tour, but we'll bring Michi Kiske, Jorn Lande, Eric Martin, Ronnie Atkins, Amanda Somerville, Herbie Langhans, Sascha Paeth, Olli Hartmann and ME of course… And Miro. And Andre on bass… And as if that wasn't enough on drums there will be no other than... THE DRUMMER!!! Can't wait to hit the stage! - Tobi

APRIL 13 - CANADA - Toronto, Queen Elizabeth Theater
APRIL 15 - USA - New York, Playstation Theater

APRIL 11 - USA, Anaheim, CA - House Of Blues (Disneyland)
APRIL 13 - CANADA, Toronto - Queen Elizabeth Theater
APRIL 15 - USA, New York, NY -Playstation Theater

Absolutely brilliant CD!! This is close to my favorite Avantasia CD.... Extremely catchy and fun with some pockets of amazing vocals!

I can't get over how good this album is. Between this and Helion Prime (and Wisdom coming out next week!), it's going to be really, really tough for anything else to break into my top 3 for the year.

And it's only mid-February.