Avantasia Live

I am not a huge Avantasia fan so I wasn't sure about having to pony up the bucks for NY show but I am glad I did. Might be the only time I will see a lot of these legendary musicians. I didn't realize just how many of them participated. I was googling in the beginning to find out who the guitar players were. and what a surprise - One of the best hard rock singers ever, Oliver Hartmann, on guitar! He's pretty good too ! I sort of assumed he was just a rhythm player but he can shred it up pretty well. To be honest, his best vocal stuff is on the early At Vance/Centers albums. I've heard some of his soft solo AOR stuff, and I don't think it's very good. What a waste . I can't believe the Frontiers guy hasn't locked him up in a few projects with their house writers/producers yet.
Anyway, Jorn Lande, was of course the main attraction and he did not disappoint. The only other time I saw him was during a short lived tenure as Yngwie's 500th touring singer. It was a short set with bad sound, so couldn't tell much from that. He sounded great now, with a commanding power voice. I liked his songs the most.
Eric Martin was a nice surprise. pleasant and distinctive voice with plenty of power behind it. I have to finally check out Mr Big I guess.
Kiske was kind of disappointing. A generic high pitched voice. I didn't care much for the screechy Pretty Maids guy either.
I kept googling to find out who the other guitar player was. Turned out to be the master producer Sascha Paeth! Miro on keyboards. Nice, another legend in the flesh.
Overall a pretty great experience. Avantasia songs are not what I listen to when I want to hear something by these legends, but it was still great and sounded better live than on record.

One of the best shows I've ever seen. The talent on that stage was 2nd to none. When all said and done, they played close to 3.5 hrs. Crowd was in it till the end. Worth every penny I spent making the trip out. Thanks Milton for bringing them out. Enjoyed my 1st trip to NY.

Reactions: eppst1
That show was beyond amazing! The stage was dripping with the best talent in power metal for a 3+ hour show (I hear it clocked in at 3 hours 20 minutes). But the best part overall was that we were with our tribe. I have not seen this many of my ProgPower USA friends outside of Atlanta! It was amazing who all turned out from all over the country.

I heard there was no merch for one of two reasons (and I'm not sure which one is correct). The first reason that I heard was that they sold out of it in Anaheim, the second reason was that they didn't have any merch at all because it would cost too much to ship it to the US from Europe.

Kudos to Infinity Concerts who helped promote the show and bring this awesomeness to the United States.

Such an amazing show. Even after 3+ hours I found myself wanting more. Kiske and Jorn were both amazing, but I thought it was interesting that (at least from where I was) Jorn got even more of a reaction from the crowd than Kiske. Must be a generational thing.

Such an amazing show. Even after 3+ hours I found myself wanting more. Kiske and Jorn were both amazing, but I thought it was interesting that (at least from where I was) Jorn got even more of a reaction from the crowd than Kiske. Must be a generational thing.

It was actually the opposite in Anaheim. The crowd would go into "KISKE" chants just about anytime they had the opportunity to.

The NYC Avantasia show was AMAZING. One of the biggest spectacles I've ever witnessed, and neither the band nor the crowd seemed to flag during the 3.5 hour set. I think we would have happily watched another 3.5 hours.

AVANTASIA FILMING APRIL 24TH SHOW IN SÃO PAULO, BRAZIL FOR DVD / BLU-RAY RELEASE

"...According to an update from Aavntasia, they will shoot their entire show in São Paulo, Brazil on April 24th for a future DVD / Blu-Ray release. In addition, they will also shoot a clip for the Ghostlights album song "Draconian Love" on the day "most probably right before the actual show starts."

Avantasia also filmed their sold out March 16th show in Prague, Czech Republic for the forthcoming DVD / Blu-Ray...."