DFD260

Feb 3, 2008
Dayton, TN
There's not many places to get alot of the ProgPower bands cds. We only have Best Buy and FYE here. There's a great store in Radcliff, KY called Avatar Records. I stopped in there a few times when I was training at Fort Knox. The owner also happens to be a ProgPower attendee for several years now. If you're ever near there stop in. It's worth it. The number is (270) 351-6075.

I'm always looking for more stores that carry alot of metal. The Disc Exchange in Knoxville is also worth it.

I was about to mention Disc Exchange...not that I've ever been there, but my friend Derek/Ruthven (from Chattanooga) speaks highly of it.

I've found that a visit to McKay's (used books/CDs/DVDs) in Chattanooga is well worth the time, whether it be for metal CDs, other CDs, books or DVDs. It is hands-down the best used store like that I've been to, anywhere between Atlanta and Nashville.

Now if you people could tell me where there might be a decent record store anywhere in Mississippi, my problems could be solved. Believe me, I've searched...I've even asked around town. When I went into a music store (instruments, not CDs) and asked if the guys there knew of a good independent CD/tapes/vinyl store...they seriously laughed at the question. Mississippi frustrates me sometimes...

There's not many places to get alot of the ProgPower bands cds. We only have Best Buy and FYE here. There's a great store in Radcliff, KY called Avatar Records. I stopped in there a few times when I was training at Fort Knox. The owner also happens to be a ProgPower attendee for several years now. If you're ever near there stop in. It's worth it. The number is (270) 351-6075.

I'm always looking for more stores that carry alot of metal. The Disc Exchange in Knoxville is also worth it.

DFD260, I frequent the Disc Exchange in Knoxville quite a bit! I actually met Ruthven there one time before a Within Temptation show. I totally agree that the store has a great selection of metal in general and a healthy dose of the progpower kind.

By the way, I live in Johnson City, but I'm orginally from Harriman, which is not too far from Dayton. One of my best friends is from Spring City, which is very close to Dayton.

~Brian~