Avenged Sevenfold Drummer Found Dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how anyone can say A7X aren't mallcore with a straight face. They're fucking poster boys for the Hot Topic crowd.

Listening to some of their stuff and his drumming is pretty fucking generic. Not bad at all, but "one of the world's best drummers" is fucking ridiculous. Anyhow, it's a shame he died, simply because 28 year olds shouldn't die from natural causes. But this isn't a sad day for metal or anything. I guarantee they'll replace him with someone exactly the same within a month.

I don't understand how anyone can say A7X aren't mallcore with a straight face. They're fucking poster boys for the Hot Topic crowd.

For me nothing is called "mallcore", just one made up "genre" name for the cool kids. Im not saying that they`re not poster boys for the Hot Topic crowd, but that doesn't mean that they are making bad music. Even though I just like the "City of Evil" album, fuck the rest. If you are serious about music and want to put a real tag on the band, it would be a mixture of Metalcore/NWOAHM/Punk/Alternative. Not all at once, but almost each one for each album, since they have chanced their style alot. And thats it...

Avenged Sevenfold seems like the sort of band that changes styles so frequently simply because each album is just aping whatever the guitarists happen to be "digging" at that point in time. That's just worthless.

For me nothing is called "mallcore", just one made up "genre" name for the cool kids. Im not saying that they`re not poster boys for the Hot Topic crowd, but that doesn't mean that they are making bad music. Even though I just like the "City of Evil" album, fuck the rest. If you are serious about music and want to put a real tag on the band, it would be a mixture of Metalcore/NWOAHM/Punk/Alternative. Not all at once, but almost each one for each album, since they have chanced their style alot. And thats it...

The City of Evil shit is their mainstream breakout album, before that they were more Metalcore.

Also, they are more of a mix of Hard/Glam Rock/Screamocore/Melodic Mallcore.

Why someone would post this on this forum is beyond me, A7X isn't a metal band, but they are an incredible band, and all this does is invite a bunch of hate from faggots wrapped up in their own self-image of what music should look and act like that they close themselves off to good music. God, fucking faggots. R.I.P. rev.

Just because this guy died doesn't mean Avenged Sevenfold wasn't absolute garbage. Yes, it's a shame he died. But let's be honest, this band contributed nothing of value to music. Fuck that band.

In related news, I can't believe what a raging faggot this ArneZ guy is.

you're next then? :lol:
Sorry, but that argument is just for braindead assholes. Its like calling Iron Maiden, Metallica or even Slayer a mallcore band. Because of "kids" wearing their shirts or listening to their albums.

City of Evil is even better then any of the latest Maiden records easily...

Avenged aren't shitty because people like them- for instance, Pink Floyd are a far better band than any extant metal group, despite having millions of fans. And personally I liked a few songs of AMoLaD.

Conversely...

i love those guys, they do have fans, so you fuckers who were talking shit, its not cool

...I'm pretty sure no one here is hating on a7x because they aren't aware that the band has fans. That's a really weird thing to say.

Anyway, too bad that someone took too many "natural causes" and died, but I agree with most of the other posters- nobody with decent taste is gonna miss the guy's contribution to music.

Avenged aren't shitty because people like them- for instance, Pink Floyd are a far better band than any extant metal group, despite having millions of fans. And personally I liked a few songs of AMoLaD.

Conversely...

...I'm pretty sure no one here is hating on a7x because they aren't aware that the band has fans. That's a really weird thing to say.

Anyway, too bad that someone took too many "natural causes" and died, but I agree with most of the other posters- nobody with decent taste is gonna miss the guy's contribution to music.

I like your point about that we don't like them.The reason I dislike A7X is because they make boring music and I don't like the vocalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.