average reamping rates?

Jun 17, 2008
Portugal
Hey,

At the moment I'm writing stuff for a new project, but I really have no way to get the guitars sounding decent when I get to the mixing stage further down the line. I've been using ampsims, and I'm simply tired of using them. When I mix other people's stuff, and they send me "real" guitars, they are always so much easier to "fit" in the mix.

I thought about renting studio time some place around here to reamp the stuff myself with their gear, but not one of the studios around here seem to have good high gain amps that are not a 5150 (or a clone of). I was specifically looking for a studio with a Dual Rectifier and an OS Mesa cab, but that simply doesn't exist here (apparently).

It seems I need to have reamping done online, but I really have no idea what the rates are. My recording budget will be pretty low, so I came here asking:
What is the average rate for a reamp?
Just so I can know in advance if I'm going to have to use ampsims again :)Puke:).

By the way, I've searched online, and the stuff I found was either using a Kemper or the studios didn't specify rates and/or the amps they had.

Reamping is something you can spend as little or as much on as you want. I wouldn't dismiss Kemper or AxeFX reamps automatically. You're likely to get them much cheaper and a great profiled rig still sounds great. On an aside, I think it's worth trying newer amp sims. I sold my DR and XXX when I bought my kemper (after profiling them) and my kemper gets a lot less use now that I have recabinet 4 which is the best software amp sim I've heard. YMMV.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice, egan.

I recognize the Kemper may have its merits, but it just feels strange to me to pay to get a "guitar tone falsification" process done.
I hate the typical Axe-FX tones I hear. Tesseract, Periphery, etc.
I have tried recabinet 4 (demo) and I hated it, no offense to anyone here that may have been involved in making it. I keep goingw back to Lepoulin's Lecto, which is about 6 years old by now.

What drives me nuts is that ampsims seem so static when compared to real amps. It's basically just distorting the signal and applying an eq curve to it. Real amp tracks fit much MUCH better and they require a lot less eqing on my part. Even when I look at the tracks in my DAW, the ampsim tracks almost seem like square waves, while the real amp tracks actually have transients.

Hi,

i can offer you reamps on real amps if needed.

6534+, Dual Rectifier Solo Head, EVH 5150III 50 watt, Marshall JVM 410, Triple XXX, Laboga Mr. Hector mk2 and Marshall Silver Jubilee Reissue
i got a Marshall 4x12 V30 cab, a Hesu modern 412 V30 and a Mesa OS :)

Hit me a pm!

Cheerz
Lars