AVIAN Taking A New "Path"

This fall we will release an EP featuring 3 brand new songs and a live acoustic version of The Fear, which was originally released on our first album. The 3 new songs will be featured on our next album, which is scheduled for release in early 2011. The acoustic version of The Fear is exclusive to the EP and will not be on the full length album.

The title of the EP is “The Path” and features the songs, The Path, When The Night’s Undone, S.S. (Instrumental), and The Fear (Live Acoustic). Run time is approximately 20 minutes.

The Path features our new singer, Brian Hollenbeck, who is taking over the vocal reigns from Lance King. Lance decided to leave the band so that he could focus on family and professional obligations. We wish him the best and thank him for his amazing job on our first two albums and all the live performances.

Brian by no means is a new comer to the band; he has been our bassist and backup vocalist for the past couple of years. Those of you who have seen us perform live, know full well what Brian is capable of and will surely agree that he will have no difficultly filling Lance’s shoes.

We will have The Path available for all of you to check out in a few weeks as well as a release date, in the meantime, you can take a listen to Brian’s vocals on a song he recorded with ECHOTERRA; Say, Try, Lie, Die. Visit www.myspace.com/ECHOTERRA to take a listen.

Additionally, we are thrilled that our long time artist, Mattias Noren, is back in business and he created the artwork for the EP as well as the artwork for our next full length album. Here is the cover for the EP; we will reveal the artwork for the album in the near future:

single2.jpg

I have mixed emotions. I love Lance's voice :mad: I also love Brian's voice :headbang: Sad day, but such is the life of a band, eh?

One thing I am 100% happy about: THAT ALBUM ARTWORK IS AWESOME! :worship:

It is important to note here that just because Brian and Lance have similar voices, we will not purposely try to make Brian sound like Lance. Lance is Lance, and Brian is Brian; there will be a difference in the vocals, not better or worse, just different.

We're going in a darker / heavier direction and the vocals will reflect that.

It is important to note here that just because Brian and Lance have similar voices, we will not purposely try to make Brian sound like Lance. Lance is Lance, and Brian is Brian; there will be a difference in the vocals, not better or worse, just different.

We're going in a darker / heavier direction and the vocals will reflect that.

Finally those years of me subtly saying heavy in precise places when talking to you has worked!