AVIAN Update

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've stopped by here and I wanted to give you an update on what we've been up to.

As some of you know, Lance King is no longer with us and we have a new singer, Brian Hollenbeck. Lance left on very good terms and there's absolutely no hard feelings between us; in fact we talk to each other on a regular basis and everything is totally cool.

Brian has been our bassist for a couple of years now and he is a truly gifted vocalist. As luck would have it, he has a very similar style to Lance's which allows us to continue on without sounding like a completely different band.

We have a brand new EP out, The Path, and it features 4 songs. Three of them are new and one of them is an acoustic version of The Fear from our first album. We also managed to pull Mattias Noren out of retirement and got him to create more amazing artwork for us ;-)

Speaking of the first album, on 10/26, we are re-issuing From The Depths Of Time as a "Special Edition" which features 3 bonus songs; Sentinel On The Horizon, which features Brian on vocals and David Ellefson on bass, Two Sides Collide which was previously available exclusively on the Japanese version, and a live acoustic version of As The World Burns. The Special Edition of From The Depths Of Time has 16 songs and runs approximately 68 minutes.

You can pick up The Path EP and From The Depths Of Time Special Edition at the usual online places; they're available in both physical and digital formats. Stop by our forum for more info.

We are working on our next album, Midnight At The Tower, and we should have it out by late spring 2011. Here are a couple of videos and the covers for the EP next album:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfaep-qGnHI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfaep-qGnHI[/ame]

single2.jpg

avian_tower2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear you're "back", but still sad to hear Lance won't be on vocals.....

Looking forward to hearing the new material.

So, is Lance actively performing with anyone still? Or just strictly handling the business end of things? Too good a voice to retire so young.....

I'm sad to see Lance go. I can still remember buying the first Avian album sight unseen simply because it was a "Lance band" and trusting I would love it (and I did). That said, Brian is a worthy successor with some excellent vocal chops.

I'm digging both songs. But even better, I am loving the demo of the title track for the new album!

Both album covers look great. I am *so* glad Mattias is back in business.