Avid Eleven Rack

burn4ever

May 24, 2009
Hey fellas,
I think the Axe FX Ultra and Kemper are the first choice for outboard amp modeling but for my budget to expensive.

So does anybody can tell me something about the Avid Eleven Rack? It´s better
(more realistic) than any vst solution like Revalver, Amplitube and the Hack or Carthasis impulses?

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of buying it for Pro Tools 10+11 alone. Pro Tools 11 (software only) costs $700 and the Eleven Rack + Expansion + Pro Tools 10+11 costs the same, $700.

Alright, thanks. Think I will still check the Revalver to achieve my sound.
Maybe you guys like to share some Revalver presets?!

I actually like the sounds of elven rack better than the Axe Fx (the first one, haven't personally played the II), guitar rig has nice amp sims, kinda dislike the cab sims but for the price is cool.
Revalver is alright but I rather download free amp sims and nice impulses like guitar hack or buy redwirez and pair it with a free amp sim.

If you can shell out for the eleven do it you won't be disappointed. I've had mine for almost 8 months now and I love it. It especially helps out when I'm recording people with "Lacking gear" especially if you want pro tools you can use the Eleven on board software with pro tools which is really helpful. it's a no brainer.

But if you do want to go with something cheaper Revalver is what I used for a long time before the upgrade you can get really good sounds with it.

I'd definitely go with eleven but you're good either way man have fun !

Last edited by a moderator:
By several hundred dollars. The price difference is so large they aren't even competing products IMO. A used Axe standard is $1200ish while the eleven is $700 with a free copy of PT 11.

Agreed. Right now on Ebay Eleven used is 3/400 Usd. if were talking used. Waay cheaper than a used AxeFx.

By several hundred dollars. The price difference is so large they aren't even competing products IMO. A used Axe standard is $1200ish while the eleven is $700 with a free copy of PT 11.

ok, it must depend on the regoin then.
here, the 11R is about 800€ and an used standard 850-900 (i sold mine for 870)

uhm, i said i'd rather get an used axe than a new 11R, an used 11R is way cheaper of course -.-

I know, I was just agreeing with Egan. I never insinuated that you didn't consider the price. I would have said so :saint: Just agreeing with Egan about the whole price in general. But yeah Axe Fx used if you can get it at a reasonable price and the eleven is more costly in your location, definitely go with the Axe. yeah I also didn't consider the prices in different locations/regions short sided here too, my bad.