Peavey ReValver 4

superfreak

Sajid 'Sarj' Masood
Mar 7, 2008
India
www.facebook.com
Peavey Electronics®, one of the industry’s most progressive musical instrument and audio equipment manufacturers, is proud to introduce the groundbreaking ReValver™ 4 amplifier modeling software. Redesigned from the ground up, this latest version of the award-winning ReValver software contains revolutionary amp modeling capabilities that capture true characteristics of real tube amplifiers.

ReValver is renowned for its industry-leading amp modeling accuracy, which is achieved by modeling an amplifier down to the component level. Now Peavey has updated and improved the modeling engine in ReValver 4, taking amp modeling to a whole new level of realistic tone-shaping possibilities. The new ReValver 4 also incorporates a GUI and UX redesign and the ability to run on a Windows® tablet, plus other high-level features including GIG mode, ACT™ (Audio Cloning Technology) and RIR 2 cabinet modeling.

Based on feedback from the extensive ReValver user community, the application’s redesign has been done so to improve user experience and workflow. The GUI now separates pedal board, amps/cabs and effects into their own views, thus minimizing the amount of vertical scrolling needed to navigate the application.

GIG mode further expands ReValver’s power as a live performance solution by allowing the user to load 8 presets into memory and seamlessly switch between them. The presets can also be assigned to MIDI controller switches. In addition, another primary consideration of the GUI and UX redesign was to make ReValver 4 the ideal solution for amp modeling on Windows tablets. As a result, the combination of ReValver 4, an audio interface, and a Windows tablet makes the perfect live performance rig.

Peavey’s ReValver 4 also features ACT (Audio Cloning Technology) modules that allow the user to mold and shape the guitar sound at both the input (before amp modeling) and output (after modeling). At the input, ACT turns ReValver into an instrument modeler by altering the incoming guitar signal to mimic the sound and characteristics of other instruments, such as acoustics, folk instruments, and even other electric guitar and pickup combinations. At the output, ACT allows the user to load presets that sculpt the signal to fit in a recording mix or mimic the sonic characteristics of famous guitar rigs.

With improved Impulse Responses, ReValver 4’s RIR 2 feature takes cabinet modeling to a whole new level of accuracy and realism by giving the user independent control of speaker configuration, microphone, and mic placement, allowing for almost endless tone shaping options. Plus, the new Pedal Board feature provides a familiar environment to build and edit an effects chain.

With ReValver 4 also comes the introduction of the ReValver Amp Store, allowing users to purchase new amps, stompboxes, effects, and ACT content through in-app purchases. Users can begin with the free version of ReValver 4, and then simply purchase the additional content they desire.

ReValver 4 supports the powerful new AAX plug-in format for Pro Tools®, and can now host both VST and AU plug-ins even in a Pro Tools environment. As always, the software can also be used as a stand-alone virtual amplifier.

Peavey.com: News - Peavey

It sounds good but it looks like they're trying to copy Amplitube. A lot of the GUI looks very similar to Amplitube and the "ReValver Amp Store" is basically trying to be "Amplitube Custom Shop".

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks impressive, a lot of hard work has gone into it.

I think I'm sorted with x50 and freeware amps to be honest, the plethora of options in there actually scares me, because the tone will never be 100 %, and what if I just tweak this? nope…let me try tweak this…maybe….

I used to really love Revalver for quick mixes and even some commercial ones, but it was so buggy an unstable with the oversampling mode on that I just stopped using it.

I've never used Revalver. Never bothered installing the version I got with Shreddage. However, the idea of having to install a shop along with the plugin, like IK Multimedia does, is a no no for me. I hope this doesn't become a trend among plugin devs.

I'm also quite happy with TSE x50 v2.0, so I can't say this is giving me G.A.S.

I also never used Revalver. But since Peavey "invented" 5150/6505 I assume that their sims are much better and more "true" than tse x50v.2 or any other sims of that kind,or am I wrong?

After watching this I'm happy I ditched Revalver years ago for my Axe FX II.

Nothing about the guitar tone in that video made me want to turn back. Far too little, too late.

Screw Revalver. Peavey ruined what once was one of the very best modeling software on the planet. I'd have to admit the TSE and LePoulin's offerings are more attractive to my ears and not to mention less expensive. :)

Revalver is awesome, and the only reason I stopped using it was because at a certain point it just kept crashing Studio One, and Peavey weren't releasing updates. But I think if this new version comes out, is relatively bug-free, and the circuit tweakery delivers, then it'll be back to being top of the pile.

I wonder how in depth the circuit modelling stuff goes? I wonder if you can make schematics from scratch? I would assume you can't, otherwise why sell addon packs. I see no problem with that btw, and I quite like the IK Multimedia custom shop angle.

No not Ljunggren.

AmpBuilder will be at later stage - everyone will thus be able to build amps and their graphics from the ground up

Revalver 3 is quite good but I hate his fizzness.Hope the new one will be better.
At this point it would be interesting a comparison between Peavey 5150\6505 and the new TSE X50v.2...
Anyone knows the date of release and the price???