Revalver IV coming 19th August

The-Zeronaut

Mixing..Y U SO DIFFICULT?
Sep 24, 2007
So...99 bucks for the complete version or you can buy just the modules you want like in amplitube custom shop...

AMP STORE PRICING
Amp Modules - $7.99
Stomp Boxes - $3.99
Effects/Tools/RIR 2 - $4.99
ACT Bundles - $4.99
RIR 2 Cabinets - $1.99
Cabinet Bundles - $4.99

http://peavey.com/products/revalver/

The demos sound "meh..." as always...

Includes:

Redesigned ReValver 4 engine
Improved tone, GUI / UI
More in depth tweaking of modules
Dual signal chains for multiple rigs
All equivalent amp/stomp/effects/RIR Cab modules from III.V (listed below)
**NEW** RIR 2 Cabinet Module plus 21 included cabs and all mics (over 650 combinations)
**NEW** World Wide Verb, "Again" Delay, Käften Noise Gate, Square Phase, Digital/Analog Flanger Modules
**NEW** Input and Output Modules including ACT™ (Audio Cloning Technology), Noise Gate, Tuner, Compressor, Parametric EQs, Multiple Chains Blending/Panning, VU Meter with Input Normalisation
Additional ACT™ Content (S-Caster and LP Standard Bundles)
Pedal Board for Stomp Boxes
GIG Mode for seamless rig switching via MIDI
AAX Plug in support (along with VST/AU and Stand Alone Operation)
Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets and ACT Content

Included modules:
Amps/Cabs - Peavey 6505®, Peavey 6505+, Herr Demon, Basic 100, Fox AC30, BluesMaker '62, Budda® Superdrive™ 18 II, Budda Superdrive V-20, Michael ACM 900, Redhot AD30TC, Peavey Classic 30, Peavey Triple XXX® II, Peavey Masterpiece 50, Peavey 3120, Flathill Dual, Peavey Sensation 20, Peavey ValveKing® MKII, Custom Lite 20W, RIR 2 Cabinet Modeler (including: 1960A 4x12, 430A 4x12, 6505 4x12, 6505 Prototype 4x12, Bluesmaker 2x12 open back, Budda 1x12 open back, Budda V-20 1x12 open back, California Twin 2x12, Classic 30 1x12 open back, Classic 4x12, Delta Blues 1x15, Delta Blues 2x10, Flathill 4x12, Fox AC30 2x12 open back, Jarnmalm 4x12 (with 4 speaker positions), Redhot PPC212, Redhot PPC 412, Sensation 20 1x12 open back, ValveKing 1x12 combo, ValveKing 4x12 (with four speaker positions) Windsor 4x12 straight), RIR Cabinet Modeler (including over 700 IRs), RIR2 Lite Cabinet Modeler

Stomps/Effects/Tools:

C-verb, Chorus CE2, Analog Flanger, PRESSOR, Lite Green, Tremolo, Digital Flanger, M104 Analog Delay, Treble Booster, Audio Stream Splitter, Square-Phase, Käften, Slammer compressor, Greener TS808, C-verb Lite, Sher'ff, 3rd party plugin (VST, AU), World-Wide-Verb, Budda Budwah, Wham!, Again Delay

Input/Output Modules and ACT™ Content:
VU Meters, Noisegate, Tuner, Multiple Chains, Parametric EQ, Compressor, ACT Input (including: LP Std, S-Caster, Peavey HP Signature Select, Peavey JD Omniac bundles, Nylon and Takemine Tasters), ACT Output (including: 4 x Output Profiles)

Last edited by a moderator:
Also
ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing and Custom Lite Amp Modules
RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)
Lite Green and Tremolo Stomp Boxes
C-verb Lite Effects Module
Audio Stream splitter
ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)
Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets and ACT Content

I guess amp modules and stomp boxes prices are EACH so everything else are bundles.

I think who ever made the sound demos was probably a blues/rock kinda guy.
A blues and rock guys interpretation of a good metal sound is always silly.
Maybe Ola can do a test with it ;)

RE **NEW** RIR 2 Cabinet Module plus 21 included cabs and all mics (over 650 combinations)

Is it still straight forward IR loading, or they doing something more? I can't find any information on the website about it.

Will it sound even better than X50?

I guess we'll find out upon release. Even then, it's pretty subjective.

I'm really interested in getting a clue as to what amps will be in the amp shop upon release.

Here's a response I got from Junior Paiz on another forum concerning the modeling and code compared to III.V

Some of the models that we have in ReValver 4 are the same models as the ones we had in MK III.V, but that is where the similarity ends. ReValver 4 is a completely redesigned software, the modelling was done in much finer detail, response, dynamics and feel are even more realistic than the previous version. Tweaking goes even deeper and the cabinets interact with the amps with extra information, so it's not "just" impulse response technology anymore. It's a new code so, brand new! Most cabinets will be included in the producer pack and the ones that don't can be purchased later. If you don't want to purchase the whole pack, you will be able to purchase, let's say just an amp, an effect module and some cab, but initially the producer pack is where we have stopped with MK III.V.
BTW, the demo limitation is similar to the one in MK III.V: Preset handling limitation and that noise every now and then.
There is no notice of upgrade plans for HPse and HP users.

Revalvers 6505, x50 and amplitubes engl powerball are my favorites. I' m realy excited about the new rir 2 :hotjump:

There is nothing in that demo video that go me excited.

I'll reserve judgement until I understand more on what the RIR2 cabinet stuff is doing and the implications, but other than that, even at $99, I can't see on what basis I would purchase it. I know Revalver III was the shite a few years ago.

If someone does a shoot out with a Kemper, and demonstrates the RIR2 stuff is another noticeable step up, then I could be swayed.

So does this mean I could purchase the 6505 model separate and throw it as a standalone preamp in my DAW effects chain?

Or do we still need a whole program at $99 and then additional models are more moolah?

I'm intrigued either way.

Haven't been too excited about Revalker since MKII. In times where the only alternatives were Guitar Suite & Pod it has bee a great alternative, but TSE, LePoulin etc. outperformed it over the years.

Bought RVIII a few years ago. Peavey support sucked so much I never bothered installing it ever again when I updated my OS.

If I need an amp sim, X50 V2 or even EZmix are just fine for me. The new Ignite amp sim is great too. I have zero interest in this and I highly doubt it will sound significantly better.

So does this mean I could purchase the 6505 model separate and throw it as a standalone preamp in my DAW effects chain?

Or do we still need a whole program at $99 and then additional models are more moolah?

I'm intrigued either way.

Revalver 4 base is free so you just download it and the add whatever amps and effects you want. So you can have just 6505 for 8 bucks.

I'm kind of interested in the Orange sim, since there aren't many out there that actually sound good. Hoping future updates to Kazrog's Thermionik will include some, but this could be a decent substitute in the meantime, at least for $8.