Awaken The Guardian remaster!

Matt Lee said:
Threshold used to be pretty good but they stopped being in any way progressive about 4 albums ago, and so at that point in no way can they even begin to touch ANY era of Fates. They just got very commercial-sounding melodic metal recently. I've heard the early proggier stuff w/Damien Wilson is good though, but I could take or leave the later stuff. I enjoyed some of it for a few weeks but got bored.

Well if you want a suggestion, take the first 5 albums by Threshold, up to Hypothetical, and then stop. In fact just the first 2 are really good, really progressive. Now are just another melodic metal band with a couple of 10+ minutes song per disc.
And, anyway, they are no match to the masters Fates Warning, especially those of Inside Out and APSOFG.

Matt Lee said:
1) Is ReBirth constantly on some sort of medication? Or is it rather that he needs to be? I can't tell

2) Threshold used to be pretty good but they stopped being in any way progressive about 4 albums ago, and so at that point in no way can they even begin to touch ANY era of Fates. They just got very commercial-sounding melodic metal recently. I've heard the early proggier stuff w/Damien Wilson is good though, but I could take or leave the later stuff. I enjoyed some of it for a few weeks but got bored.

Yes, while Threshold is a decent band, they cannot match Fates Warning.
I saw them at one of the Progpower shows. they were good, but not great in the way Fates is great.

Oh Rebirth, as DNeonBlack said, they are Threshold are very good but no match for F.W. "Psychedelicatessen" is their best eh.
As for the "Awaken The Guardian" re-release, its the best re-release since the ever. Too bad that most here have so bad musical taste, they cannot understand it.