Awesome metal show last night

Mar 13, 2006
Tacoma WA
Man, we had the 1st annual Seattle Shredfest last night, if they can put a lineup like this together every year I hope they keep it going. The lineup was, in order of appearance:

Gift of Prophecy
Embalmed
Alarum
Neuraxis
Arsis
Necrophagist

What an ass-kickingly good show!! The first 2 bands were local bands, Gift of Prophecy was ok but Embalmed was fantastic. You guys should check out their Myspace for some shit to play on your show, they were that good. Myspace.com/embalmed. I really could've done without Alarum, they really didn't fit, some heavy stuff mixed in with a lot of almost jazzy style breakdowns and just wasn't my thing. Neuraxis was fucking incredible, just tore the place up. I was really excited to see Arsis, their first time out here, and they did not disappoint at all. Great set, just wish they could've played longer. And Necrophagist, also first time in Seattle, just slayed. The coolest part of the night was a few of us got there really early and the dudes at the club let us in to hear the Necrophagist sound check!! Very cool night all the way around. This tour is supposed to be in Houston on the 19th, you gotta go!!