The pics!

Lunar Still

Doodle drawrer
Jan 14, 2006
Louisville
russelljackson.bigcartel.com
http://www.louisvillemojo.com/gallery/Gallery.Cfm?GID=14913

I took 54 pics last night, but this site can only hold 24 in each gallery. I'll be removing the Opeth gallery I have there to make room for the rest of these shortly.

Thine Eyes Bleed cancelled last night (which was fine with me), so the line-up was Necrophagist, Arsis, Neuraxis, Alarum, and probably the best metal band in Louisville, Anagnorisis. I suggest you all check these guys out at http://anagnorisis.tk or myspace.com/anagnorisis. I recommend them to fans of Opeth, Agalloch, or Woods of Ypres.

Alarum was great, but seemed to suffer from some kind of sound problems early in their set. Their set list was the only one I am able to post....because I took the singer's list from the stage after they were done. :p

Sustained Connection
Boundless Intent
Woven Imbalance
Realization
Inertial Grind
Reconditioned
Velocity

I picked up an Alarum t-shirt (I didn't have the heart to tell them I had already downloaded their CD), and then Neuraxis came on. These guys were really fucking intense, but if I would have known anything about them beforehand I dare say it would have made the experience even better. The lead singer was goofy as hell; he kept stumbling around onstage and grapping people's heads.

Arsis, in my opinion, upstaged Necrophagist. Sorry, but I can actually tell the difference between Arsis songs. With Necrophagist, most of their material just sort of blends together. Aside from Mohammed being incredible on guitar, there's not really much profound about Necrophagist.

That said, the only songs Arsis played that I was familiar with were Worship Depraved and Face of my Innocence...I don't have the newest Arsis disc yet.

Necrophagist was fun, despite my feelings on their music. A few standout songs I recognized were Stabwound, Foul Body Autopsy and Seven, but it really didn't matter. Watching these guys go off on their instruments was entertaining enough. It's just more fun to actually see it happen than listen to it on a CD.

Lunar Still said:
Necrophagist was fun, despite my feelings on their music. A few standout songs I recognized were Stabwound, Foul Body Autopsy and Seven, but it really didn't matter. Watching these guys go off on their instruments was entertaining enough. It's just more fun to actually see it happen than listen to it on a CD.
I absolutely agree.