Necrophagist at the Pound 5/13/06

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
i took the bus again to the pound to see necrophagist tonight. i got there a little late and the first band played and was kinda weird but interesting, didn't know any of thier stuff. the next band, neuraxis i think was ok but i didn't feel like watching so i went to chill outside. then arsis came on which i was really excited for, they had great sound, not too much energy really but they played flawlessly and played a good set, despite the fact it was ridiculously short. the set was

A Diamond For Disease (i think)
The Sadistic Motives Behind Bereavement Letters
The Promise Of Never
a song i can't remember exactly (worship depraved or return)
The Face Of My Innocence

it was a short set and i was really surprised when they left. hopefully they'll be back soon and able to play a longer set. next up was animosity which i watched a few songs of but they were pretty gay imo and i just ended up chilling outside. next was cattle decapitation which had some of the worst vocals i have ever heard and were ridiculously boring, so once again, outside chilling. necrophagist came on last after a fucking long sound check and played the following, i might miss a few though because i was in the pit for the second half of thier set so i might not have everything right (definately not in order)

Stabwound
Seven
Ignominious and Pale
Fermented Offal Discharge
The Stillborn One
Epitaph
To Breathe In A Casket
Foul Body Autopsy
Extreme Unction

I'm almost positive that was all they played, it was a really short set, everyone thought they were going to come out for an encore but they didn't, it was still a good set though. a word of advice though, if you want to watch Muhammed shred, get in the absolute front. i couldn't see him really play up high so thats why i decided to just go in the pit instead. i would've liked to see him play the solos but oh well. all in all it was a cool show, it would've been better though if arsis played an hour and a half and necrophagist played every song they had and then the show just ended.

Yeah, when I saw Necrophagist the other day they had Mutilate the Stillborn along with that setlist. No encore either. And the acoustics were awful, and the crowd was even worse. Don't think the band liked it to much. Didn't get to see Arsis, or any other openers (not that they matter, local band was a hardcore one, ugh), though sadly, was biding my time, and had to bribe the door guy to get in to the 21+ club.

ah that sucks. the sound for the pound show to me sounded realy good and the crowd was pretty much going crazy, there were tons of crowd surfers which i hate but oh well, plus the moshpit was going pretty strong and lots of people seemed to be really into it. too bad you didn't get to see arsis, they were great.

yeh i saw em thursday night in Sacramento in the fuckin rec room/teen center of a goddamn church. there were like a hundred emo lookin teenagers hangin around outside, and a bunch more inside. needless to say the crowd and venue were pretty fuckin lame, but that also meant i got a really great view of muhammed and the other guy so i got to see all thre shredding at least. thats really more important to me, but its nice to have a good crowd for the band and the atmosphere an stuff. my friend and i chatted briefly with muhammed after the set. he sounds german.

Enemy242 said:
I'm almost positive that was all they played, it was a really short set,

Any word on the band members themselves? I read on another board (Earth Dog) that their van was broken into and laptops/cell phones/passports and possibly other crap got ripped off. That'll put a dent in your spirits during a tour with such a grueling schedule. Anyhoot, I hope they're okay and will finish the rest of the tour on a more positive note...

yeah, they said something about how they lost like thousands of dollars worth of stuff and they told people where the merch was and where to buy it. that really must suck, especially for a band who probably doesn't bring in much money doing a tour like this.