Vader, Kataklysm, Destruction, Graveworm at the Pound SF 6/25/06

Enemy242

Jun 27, 2004
CA
www.myspace.com
i went to see the metal crusaders tour at the pound tonight and i know there aren't many dates left to the tour but i figured i'd just write a bit about it in case anyone missed it or wants to go to the future dates. i got there right as graveworm were starting so i missed the absence so i can't really comment about them but graveworm were decent. if you're hoping for any old material though you're out of luck. all i remmeber from their set were songs off nutopia and engraved in black which are thier 2 most recent albums. speed kill hate are a side project of the guitarist from overkill i'm almost positive and they were pretty good. i have no idea what any of the songs were but they held my attention fairly well, i wouldnt listen to them over any other bands in my free time though.

finally it was time for destruction and they came out and played a great set, i don't know the exact order, but it started out with soul collector, then nailed to the cross, then the rest of the songs were mad butcher, release from agony, antichrist, bestial invasion, thrash till death, total desaster, and they closed with the butcher strikes back. i'm pretty sure i might've forgot a couple songs but thats a lot of the set i think, it was only about 50 minutes or 45.

i had heard a bit of kataklysm before and they sounded really heavy live but they had no intro and they just didn't seem to interact with the crowd that well. the only song i really knew was in shadows and dust and that song was great. i think they also played about 45 minutes?

at around 1245 - 1, vader finally took the stage and the place seemed a bit less crowded, i think a lot of people had left. i had no problems getting up about 1 or 2 rows away from the stage and vader played a good set, but it was a bit short. i don't remember exactly but they started with this is the war, lead us, sothis, silent empire, black to the blind, epitaph, out of the deep, winds. thats not all the songs i think but thats close to it, i might be missing one or 2. they closed with a cover of raining blood.

I was in so much pain. :(

I got a Destruction setlist, so:

Soulcollector
Nailed to the Cross
Mad Butcher
Thrash Til Death
Antichrist/Release/Unconcious medley
Metal Discharge
Curse The Gods
Total Desaster (sic)
Bestial Invasion
The Butcher Strikes Back

And now, 4 hours later, I'm awake, woohoo.