Awesome Plush Microbes!!! Collect the whole set!

Like the real thing. Only plush!

Reader Dave sent me
this:

We make stuffed animals that look like tiny microbes—only a million times actual size! Now available: The Common Cold, The Flu, Sore Throat, Stomach Ache, Cough, Ear Ache, Bad Breath, Kissing Disease, Athlete's Foot, Ulcer, Martian Life, Beer & Bread, Black Death, Ebola, Flesh Eating, Sleeping Sickness, Dust Mite, Bed Bug, and Bookworm (and in our Professional line: H.I.V. and Hepatitis).

Each 5-to-7 inch doll is accompanied by an image of the real microbe it represents, as well as information about the microbe.

They make great learning tools for parents and educators, as well as amusing gifts for anyone with a sense of humor!

...and who wouldn't be amused by:

Sore Throat

Ebola

Athlete's Foot

and

Chlamydia

KITTY STAR - START SAVING YOUR DINERO, 'MIGA!

That's Queen Hello Kitty to you, bitch
queenkitty.jpg

Platinum icon of Hello Kitty with a diamond-studded crown and 0.753-carat pink diamond scepter, created in honor of the character's 30th birthday. 100 of them are available at a cool 10 mil yen JP (just over $91,000 US). Link to Xinhua news story.

jesus, here's another one!1r290`509=6t

Platinum Hello Kitty on sale in Japan - 4th February 2004
HelloKitty.jpg

A platinum Hello Kitty doll. Source: Reuters/Yuriko Nakao.
The Japanese platinum retail industry has reached out to a popular feline icon who has helped sell a host of products in the past.

Known as 'Hello Kitty', the character is being used by Tanaka Kikinzoku Kogyo KK, Japan's largest retailer of precious metals, to help push sales.

A 30mm tall Hello Kitty doll made of platinum is the crowning finish for the campaign, and has been made available to the public to buy. Long revered since its inception 30 years ago, the dolls will be restricted to an output of just 30.

The cartoon-like cat has been used by Japanese firms on a string of products, with the brand's owner, Japan's Sanrio, estimating it has raised more than $1 billion in annual revenue through licensing agreements.

The bejewelled platinum doll is being tipped to spark life into the Japanese platinum jewellery sector.

Johnson Matthey says purchases of platinum by the Japanese jewellery industry are thought to have fallen by 15 per cent in 2003 to around 665,000 ounces.

However, the makers of Hello Kitty are likely to be pleased with the forecast from the precious metals firm that Japan's platinum jewellery market will turn around in 2004.

Oooh, don't tempt me even more with the microbes. I have a few microbe colourbars in my LJ. Me wants microbes... along with Ugly Dolls. Ice Bat!!!!