AX7: It's time for us to find another drummer

On December 16, 2010, Portnoy announced via Facebook that although he wanted to continue working with the band, Avenged Sevenfold had decided to stop using him as their drummer.[25] He later announced that he had asked to rejoin Dream Theater, but had been rejected. [26]

edit: fuck, refreshed and saw jinds post.

In my opinion, DT should just hire Peter Wildoer, fire Jordan Rudess, and bring back Kevin Moore.

Are you insane man?

Seriously is this for real, in regards to Jordan Rudess. :p

I've always been fascinated by the fact that people can pick apart the rest of the band even though they are all technically mind blowing amazing but no-one ever has a shit thing to say about Rudess.

This to me proves he is a God.

Petrucci and Portnoy are both Gods to me also, and Petrucci will always be my personal hero as a guitarist and he also seems like a really nice guy.

Sadly though, DT were dead to me after they signed to Roadrunner. They're effectively the "haircut and launching an album called Load" to me now :( I say that with way more respect though. They're still incredible musicians unlike Metallica, and will forever be inspirations and I will always be interested in what they have to offer but without Portnoy and a few albums that didn't quite hit the mark, then their future could perhaps be a little bleak, I hate to say.

And dont even start in on me about my additions to anything on this discussion board you moron. I got this shit started 9 years ago.

Why do you always bring this up?
Nobody's said a damn thing about your additions to this forum or whether or not you got this place started or not, because frankly, nobody fucking cares.
Are you that insecure that every time you say something here you have to re-enforce the point that you got it started?

Why do you always bring this up?
Nobody's said a damn thing about your additions to this forum or whether or not you got this place started or not, because frankly, nobody fucking cares.
Are you that insecure that every time you say something here you have to re-enforce the point that you got it started?

Because you fucking `tard the new clown said I didnt contribute to the board.

Hard to see? who the fuck asked you anyways? Idiots, I swear. Left the door open long ago and now its overrun...

And yeah, Papa Roach is fucking atrocious. Has nothing to do with their heaviness, and everything to do with.. well... shitty music.

I mean you actually used Papa Roach in a comparison with Motorhead and Machine Head. That's not even laughable. Its sad.

:erk:

Because you fucking `tard the new clown said I didnt contribute to the board.

Hard to see? who the fuck asked you anyways? Idiots, I swear. Left the door open long ago and now its overrun...

And yeah, Papa Roach is fucking atrocious. Has nothing to do with their heaviness, and everything to do with.. well... shitty music.

I mean you actually used Papa Roach in a comparison with Motorhead and Machine Head. That's not even laughable. Its sad.

:erk:

LOL J you're a complete moron, I wouldn't stand being 9 years in this forum if all I'd have to discuss are your critically acclaimed "contributions". If all you have to claim is that saying Papa Roach is absolute shit period and no opinions allowed and if you mention Papa Roach you are not allowed to have an opinion on anything, you might as well get the fuck out and leave the grown ups to discuss mmkay? I'm supposing you joined (oh sorry "created") this board when you were 3 years old right?

Edit: and he was talking specifically about your contribution to this thread, he dares not touch your incredible reputation of 9 years around here, we all know you're Andy's best man dude

They're still incredible musicians unlike Metallica,

all things aside, to say Hetfield and Trujillo are not incredible musicians is pretty ridiculous

even if you take Rob out of the mix, Hetfield alone is a phenomenal musician

as far as Rob is concerned ... if he was a nobody could you honestly say you wouldn't want him laying down some bass lines for you in something?

I'm sorry guys, I don't want to take any sides here...but Papa Roach really does suck :lol:
denzel_intro.jpg

Skinny Viking said:
all things aside, to say Hetfield and Trujillo are not incredible musicians is pretty ridiculous

even if you take Rob out of the mix, Hetfield alone is a phenomenal musician

as far as Rob is concerned ... if he was a nobody could you honestly say you wouldn't want him laying down some bass lines for you in something?

Agreed. Imo Hetfield in the rhythm guitar department is only beat by Mustaine and Jon Schaffer, and Trujillo's a pro, I loved his work with suicidal tendencies and Ozzy. It's a shame after Burton Metallica never actually took advantage of their excellent bassists, they don't really give a fuck about bass in general anymore, Lars doesn't even use bass in his monitors

^ don't take away anything from Hetfield's lead skillz ... he doesn't do them often but when he does they're perfect and classy as hell

he's also a pretty mean drummer by all accounts

It was planned that Mike leaves A7x by the end of this year so what?

I also think that Mike shouldn't have tried to go back to DT yet. He left because he thought the band needs a break, and 3 months isnt excatly a break after 25 years of band history^^
Portnoy was right all the time he said that DT needed a break too, because IMO the albums weren't getting better the last couple of years.
But they want to stay in the circle of making mediocre records instead of taking the time to write another masterpiece (see what I did there?!).
Lets see what the future brings...maybe they write better music now that portnoy is gone if they felt like he pushed too much or anything.

All the other discussions -> :lol:

must...keep...strenght....not....post....santadenzel....:p

anyway, back on topic ...

Dream Theater needs Scott Columbus
scott_bio.jpg

AND THE DRUMS OF DOOM

"He plays the so-called "Drums of Doom", a kit made of stainless steel, because his drumming technique is too rough on standard kits which had to be replaced too regularly."

I think Dream Theater should get Mark Zonder (former Fates Warning) to play drums - he was always one of my favorite drummers in progressive metal, he always did exactly what a song needed, nothing that took away from the song screaming "look at me"!

Not saying anyone HAS to like Papa Roach obv, to each their own. I really like the first two records (GAWM is ok-ish, but the last couple have been AWFUL) but they've impressed me live when I've seen them, particularly Koby who is very good at working a crowd.

I think the next year will be interesting for A7X. Jimmys death has made them HUGE, but they'll soon need to drop it to be taken seriously and not just seen as riding on his death imo.